"Welcome To The Final Act."

You, Stu, and Randy make your way downstairs. The house is too quiet, none of you had said a word since you had heard the gunshots.

Once you made it downstairs you saw Gale and Dewey emerging from a bedroom.

"Oh my God!" You let out a big sigh of relief, there was a small part of you that had believed they had been caught by Ghostface but you didn't say anything.

Dewey puts an arm around you, "We need to get out of here now."

"What happened?" You ask.

"Jennifer's dead. The killer is still somewhere in this house, this is no longer a game of stopping him tonight, as long as we get out with our lives, we'll deal with him later."

You know he's right but it still sucks having the killer so close and not being able to get to him.

As the group makes their way out of the dark hallway, you look into the room Gale and Dewey had come from and see Jennifer with stabs wound in her chest, surrounded by blood and shattered glass.

She must have found a passageway from the upstairs closet to behind the bedroom mirrors, and it seems Ghostface found the same passage.

Dewey leads the way through the mansion. The whole place was dark and completely silent.

"Dewey stop." Gale whispered, making you freeze where you were.

"What?" He whispered back.

"You don't hear that?" Gale looked around, it took you a while but then you heard it too.

A phone ringing.

"Holy shit." You sigh under your breath, it seemed to be coming from straight ahead.

"The basement?" Dewey asked.

"No, it sounds like the entry hall." Randy replied.

You looked around the hallway and into the kitchen, there was a landline hanging on the wall, it was completely silent.

"Why is it only one phone?" You whisper, "It's not the landline, it must be someone's personal phone."

"Shit." Gale gasped.

"What?" You turned to her, clinching your jaw in worry.

"My coat is in the entry hall, I had a phone in the front pocket." She said.

"Someone's trying to call you-" Stu was saying before the landline you had just been looking at started to go off.

Ring.

Ring.

The five of you stared at it.

Ring.

You glanced back at Dewey, from the look on his face you knew exactly what he was about to do.

"Dewey wait-"

Dewey pushed his way past Randy and Stu and reached for the line.

He stayed silent as he picked it up, you stayed completely silent and heard the voice clearly on the other end.

"Welcome to the final act." The gruff voice said over the phone, bringing you back to 1996.

"What do you want?" Dewey asked after a short pause.

"Now that we're all here, the party can begin." The killer said.

You tore your eyes from the phone and looked around the dark kitchen and the hallways into the living room and the back of the house.

There was so much more that you hadn't seen, the killer could be anywhere. Whoever he was, he probably knew the exact layout of this house including all its passageways and tricks.

"Let's just get the hell out of here, this isn't worth it." Stu whispered by your side.

Gale shot him a harsh look. "Don't you think the killer will be waiting for us by the exit."

"There's so much more of us, we can take him." Stu response.

"Idiots." Randy scoffs. "Don't you remember from the last few years, history repeats itself, they come in pairs."

"Guys..." You put out your hand in front of Randy, getting him to shut up. The group followed your eye line.

In the far corner of the dark kitchen appeared a white mask, just floating in the darkness.

"You think it's a trap?" Dewey said almost completely silent. It was too dark in the kitchen to tell if there was actually a person behind the mask or if it was just propped up to trick you all.

"Why don't you go over there and figure it out?" The voice on the phone said, making you remember that Dewey was still on the line with the killer. "Or you can go check out who's calling Gale's phone. Aren't you interested?"

"Fuck, we're trapped." Randy sighs quietly.

"What if we split up-"

"Don't even suggest that, Gale." You said quickly cutting her off.

"No, hear me out. Dewey's got one of them on the phone, the other is calling my phone, I'll stay here with Dewey and you three can go out to the living room, it's closer to the exit anyways. If we can keep him occupied, he won't notice if you sneak out."

You, Randy, and Stu give Gale a blank stare.

"So, what's going to happen next?" Dewey asks the person on the other end of the phone.

There was a short pause. "Once I get my hands on Y/n, I'm ending this once and for all. With her dead, the series will close."

You stared at the phone in Dewey's hand.

"Fuck this, let's get out of here." Stu grabs your wrist and makes his way to the living room, staying in the shadows. Randy follows the two of you while Gale stays by Dewey's side.

The last thing you see in the kitchen is Dewey passing the phone off to Gale before pulling out his gun.

In the living room you clearly hear Gale's phone ringing in her jacket pocket.

"Wait, we don't know where he is. He could be waiting for us out there." You say as the three of you watch the open front door.

Gale's phone stops ringing. "This is how we'll find out." Stu lets go of your wrist and goes for Gale's jacket.

"Three missed calls." He says opening up her phone.

"Stu you're a fucking genius." Randy says as he catches on to what Stu is about to do.

"What?" You look between the two of them.

They look down at the phone as Stu hits a button. Almost immediately a ringing sounds starts from outside the front door.

All three of you look that way.

"He's out there."

"Ok so we go the back way." Randy says as Stu watches the front door. "If we can get-" Randy glances your way. "Y/n! Behind you!"

You see Randy jump towards you and Stu turning towards you before arms appear around your head and neck and you are pulled backwards kicking and screaming.

"Fuck!"

"Y/n!"

You had no idea what had just happened. There was no door behind you, you were backed up against a shelf and then all of a sudden Ghostface is dragging you into a whole other room which seemed to appear out of nowhere.

Ghostface still had you in his grasp no matter how hard you struggled. You could hear Stu and Randy bounding on the wall that was there to begin with and then gone and now back?

They were screaming your name.

The killer's hands shift to your wrist, and you feel a sharp blade against your back.

"I've finally got you alone." The voice says no longer with its voice changer.

You recognize it instantly.

Roman.