Flashback

*The next chapter will continue as normal with the group at the wrap party, but I really wanted to do another flashback to 1996 so this is it.*

1996

5 months before Halloween and the massacre

"Guess who's having a party tonight?" Tatum said running up to you as the last bell rang.

"Hm.. let me guess, Stu!" You placed your books in your locker.

"How'd you know?" She replies with a grin.

"Tate, he has a party like every single Friday night. It's not that big of a surprise." You laugh slightly.

"Yeah whatever." She sighed. "I'm picking up Sidney and we'll be there at 10. Do you want me to drive you too?"

"Nah, that's okay. I'll drive my own car in case I need a quick escape." You said.

"What do you mean a quick escape?" She scoffed as the two of you walked out of the front doors and down the school stairs.

"I mean that the last couple of parties I had to deal with Steve following me around like a lost puppy all night long."

"Why don't you just break up with him already? I mean he annoys the hell out of you every day." Tatum asked.

"I will eventually." You looked at your car keys in your hand. It was a fair question and you had been asking yourself that a lot recently. The thought of just being alone though was just too much at the moment. However, Steve was an asshole, so it was definitely the best decision.

------------------------

You arrived at the party a little after 10 to find Steve already waiting for you at the front door.

"Hey Steve." You said trying your best to just be able to get in the party without an awkward confrontation before.

"I thought you would be driving with Tatum?" He asked.

"Yeah, well-"

"Hey maybe after we see everybody, we can find our way up to the bedroom-" Steve's hand grazed your arm.

"Steve, I'm really not in the mood tonight." You pushed his hand away and reached for the door before he blocked your hand.

"Can we just go inside please?" You glanced down at his hand.

"What is with you tonight?" He asked in a hurt tone.

"Nothing, I just want to get in and-"

"Come on, I know what will cheer you up." His hands started traveling over your body again.

"Steve I said no!" You pushed him off once more.

"What the hell-"

"Look I don't want this, okay!" You stared at him as he shut up real fast. "All you want is sex and I'm so tired of it, I've had enough we're through."

"What?" He scoffed. "You're breaking up with me?" 

"Yeah, it's over." You shoved his hand away from the doorknob and opened the door, letting yourself in before closing it on Steve's shocked face.

The party chatter struck you instantly and your eyes glanced around till you found Sidney and Billy laying up against each other on the living room couch.

"Hey guys!" You said leaning over the back of the couch.

"You're here!" Sidney sat upright and gave you a hug over the couch back. "Tatum's looking for you, I think she's in the kitchen with Stu and Casey."

"Thanks Sid." You smiled at her before walking through the crowded room.

A hand clasped around your wrist.

"Hey Randy!" You said turning around to see him offering you a beer. You gratefully took it.

"I heard about Steve." He said loudly over all the noise.

"How the fuck did you hear that? It literally just happened?" You asked.

"I think somebody overheard you two and started spreading it." 

Gossip spread like wildfire around your school.

"Thanks for letting me know." You smiled at him, "I'm going to go find Tate before she thinks I ditched on her." 

"Good idea." He said before letting you go.

As you made your way to the kitchen you found Stu laughing with a few other guys from your class. He turned away from them when he saw you walk in the room.

"Hey baby you made it!" He gave you a wide smile, you could tell he was definitely a little tipsy. 

"Hey Stu." You smiled back and spoke in a quieter voice than in the living room sense there was way less people around. "Have you seen Tatum anywhere?" 

"Yeah, I think she went to the bathroom or something?" He shrugged and took a sip from the beer bottle he was holding. "You can wait for her here." He pulled out the barstool that was next to him and you took it.

"I heard about you and Steve." He said, you set your beer down on the counter and looked back at him.

"Ah, so the news has reached the kitchen." You sighed placing your head in your hands.

"Shit, by now the news has reached fucking Hollywood." He put a comforting hand on your shoulder. "You were too hot for him anyways." 

Your face burnt red in your hands. "Gee thanks."

"Don't look up now, asshole has found his rebound girl." Stu said, you looked up, surprised and followed his glance towards the living room where Steve and Casey were giggling right up against each other.

"You and Casey broke up?" You looked at him curiously. 

He nodded. "I'm taking on a single life now, no drugs, no sex, no alcohol." He raised his beer bottle to you.

"Yeah right." You laughed.

Something shifted in your stomach, you were both single. "When did that happen?" You asked, bringing the subject back to it.

"Tonight." He said quickly and then changed the subject. "Rebound girl," He said once more looking over at them. "Even for me, I'm telling you." He grinned and motioned back to her.

You wanted to ask him if it was before or after you and Steve broke up. But maybe that seemed too anxious, too excited to see if he broke up with her because of you.

"Really?" You scoffed. "And who exactly were you rebounding from?"

He gave you a smile with his eyes lighting up a bit. "It wasn't exactly a rebound, more like a distraction."

"A distraction?" You went along with his mysterious attitude. "From what?"

"Oh you know." He grinned and inched closer to you. "Girls I wanted to fuck but already had boyfriends." 

"That's funny." You said taking your eyes off of him.

"Oh sweetheart!" You heard Tatum's voice from behind you.

"Guess who heard about the breakup." Stu whispered to you.

"You finally dumped his fucking ass!" Tatum hugged you from behind.

You looked up at her. "Thanks for the support." You laughed.

"So I guess you already saw him and Casey?" She asked.

"Yeah, I really don't care. I'm just glad I don't have to deal with his bullshit anymore."

Tatum hugged you tighter.

"He's a fucking idiot." Stu said, he's eyes locked not on his ex-girlfriend but your ex-boyfriend. Watching him as he laughed with Casey in Stu's own house.

Stu stared at him with a sort of determined look that gave you chills.