"You Or Sidney"

Thursday

"They don't have any new information?" You asked Tatum as you, her and Sidney drove to school in the morning.

"Nope, they're still fucking clueless. They thought they had something with Billy but that turned out to be just another dead end." Tatum said turning out of Sidney's street.

"Do you think we have time to stop and get a coffee? I couldn't sleep last night." Sidney asked rubbing her eyes.

Tatum looked down at the clock on the car radio, "Yeah, sure. I'm in dire need of one too."

Tate turned away from the direction of school and went to the usual corner store most high school kids went to get their morning coffees.

As the three of you shuffled out of the car a voice called out, "Sidney? Sidney Prescott is that you?"

The notorious Gale Weathers was calling out to Sidney by her news van. "Oh my God, Kenny get the damn camera." She shouted at her assistant when she saw you and Sidney looking back at her.

"Oh my God, it's that bitch Gale Weathers." Tatum rolled her eyes.

"I cannot do this right now." Sidney sighed on the verge of tears.

"Ok Tate, just get Sid inside I'll take care of this." You said, you gave Sidney a reassuring smile as Tatum took her inside the store.

"Sidney wait up!" Gale called running over to the car, her assistant Kenny jogged behind her.

"She doesn't want to talk to you right now Gale." You said, getting her attention away from Sidney.

"Why, is she alright?" Gale held her microphone up to your face.

"Like hell you care!" You pushed the microphone away. "It's not like the news-reporter who called her mom a slut will make her any better."

"Wait." Gale brushed off the comment. "Aren't you the other girl who was with Sidney when the attack happened."

"Cameras down and I'll talk." You motioned towards Kenny who was still breathing heavily from the running.

"Can I get a name-"

"Cameras down!" You said, again shoving the microphone away from your face.

Gale gave Kenny a sorrowful looked but motioned for him to put the camera down. He flipped a switch and lowered the camera out of your face. Gale shoved the microphone at him and he fumbled to catch it.

"Why can't you leave her alone Gale." You said staring her down.

"Her mother's death was last year's hottest court case and gossip this little town has ever seen. If I wouldn't have written that book another reporter would have." Gale shrugged and spoke with a lot of confidence.

"Yeah, but it had to be you with all your lies and theories."

"I'm sure you've read my book. Am I wrong?" Gale asked.

"I've read it, so has everyone else in this town." You replied.

"Well then I'm sure you have your own opinion on what happened to Maureen."

"My opinion doesn't really matter, it's the fact that you called Maureen a slut and a whore when she was raped."

"Cotton didn't rape her, she came on to him."

"Even if I did believe that, she was killed you could have shown her some respect."

Gale sighed and changed the subject. "So will it be you or Sidney who survives this?"

"What?" You asked about ready to walk away.

"There can only be one final girl. Will it be you or Sidney? I know you're a lot smarter then her so I'll go ahead and place my bets on you.

"You can leave now Gale." You said without any thought to her remark.

"I'm only asking what we are all thinking."

"Gale leave!" You said turning your back towards her as she scoffed and dragged Kenny away back to her van.

As you walked back to the car, Tatum and Sidney were walking out of the store with coffees in hand.

"What did the devil say?" Tatum asked as you all climbed back in the car and headed off to school.

"Just wanted to see how Sidney was feeling after the hot news." You scoffed. "She's such a bitch, she called your mom's death 'the hottest gossip this small town has ever seen'."

"Always wanting to get the new scoop I guess." Sidney sighed.

You headed off to school and met up with Randy before class started in less than thirty minutes.

"Is that really how people just see me and Sidney, as potential final girls?" You asked Randy as the two of you sat on the school steps.

You had already told him what Gale said to you.

"The final girl is literally the one and only character that makes it through to the sequel. If people think you could be a potential final girl, then that would mean literally everyone around you would be killed off." Randy sipped his coffee.

"They're going to catch this killer before it gets to that." You said.

"They never do."

"Yeah, but this isn't a horror movie."

"Look at everything that's been happening, we are literally living in a real life horror movie." Randy said.

You looked back at him and laughed before getting serious.

"I'm gonna fucking die." You said resting your head on his shoulder.

"You never know maybe you are the final girl." Randy patted your leg.

"Everything that is happening right now revolves around Sidney. Her mom was the one who died a year ago, the killer is recreating all this for Sidney. She's the final girl."

There was a pause as Randy looked down at you and sighed.

"You might be right."

"Gee thanks." You put your head in your knees and sighed. "Well if Sidney is the final girl then that means you'll be dying with me." You said looking back at Randy.

"Shit, I'll never get my chance with Sid."

"That's seriously what you're worried about right now?" You laughed.

Randy laughed with you. "Why are we even talking about this. It's never gonna happen this killer is going to get caught before we even hit Maureen death day."

"We have one day." You said. The realization just hit you that Maureen died one year ago tomorrow. "Shit, we are all gonna die tomorrow."

"We're fucked." Randy sighed.