The Killer Locks Eyes With You

"Wait hold up!" Hallie said, putting a pause on your sprint away from the killer.

"What?" You asked her trying to catch your breath. You looked back at the cop car not to far away.

"We should call the police like right now."

"We're to close to the car, he could-"

"No," Hallie said interrupting you, "He's still knocked out we could get the cops down here and unmask this mother fucker right now!"

You thought for a minute, there was a phone booth right in front of campus, which was a little bit closer to the car.

"Okay, we'll go to the booth by campus stairs." You sighed keeping eyes on the car. "But if I see a masked killer crawl out of that car, we're running like hell."

"Your goddamn right we are." Hallie said.

You both started walking back towards the car, campus was closer to you than it was to the car.

Hallie got there first and immediately rang up the police. "Hello!" She yelled into the phone, "Shit what's wrong?" She asked looking back at you.

You took the phone from her outstretched hand and held it up to your ear, it did nothing but play the dial tone over and over. "What the h-"

You froze-

"Hallie! Behind you!" You screamed as the masked ghost was running full speed towards the two of you.

Hallie spun around and you grabbed her wrist to pull her away but it was already to late.

"Hallie!" You scream as the dark figure plunges the knife into her back.

"Run!" She mumbles out her last words before falling to the ground.

"No!" You almost want to fall to the ground by Hallie and just give up. You were never going to be free of this killer until he had killed all your friends and then finally you.

You couldn't give up, you had to stay alive and beat this fucker, you had to stay alive to honor the memory of everyone you had lost.

The killer locks eyes with you as you both look up from Hallie's dead body.

You tear off running.

Everything was closed down for the night, another curfew had been set. It was exactly like the first time this had all happened.

The only thing you could think of that was still open with people going in and out was your campus. Theater practice was still going on, that's where you would head first.

You run down the steps towards the theater never looking back once, the windows were all lit up and you could hear the faint music from the production being practiced inside.

The music was blaring once you entered the theater, but no one was inside.

"Hello!" You yelled, hoping everyone was just backstage having a group meeting.

There was no response.

You continued down the isle. "Guys?" You yelled again, struggling to keep your voice louder than the ominous music. "Hello?"

You run up onto the stage and looked around but there was no one it seemed the music was playing on its own.

That's when the overhead spot light turned on, causing you to lose vision of the empty audience in front of you.

"Hello?" You asked quieter noticing that the music was now off.

From behind the fake stone wall prop lowered down to the ground, it would have fell right on you if you didn't move out of the way.

You went to run off the stage but another wall came down, blocking your exit. The fake thunder rumbled and the spotlight moved off you, making its way to a blue shirt hung up on the tree. It was the shirt Derek had been wearing the last time you had seen him.

Just when you were thinking there was no possible way he could still be alive, a wooden cross fell down with a loud clap of thunder.

Derek was on the cross tied up with a mask over his face, you took off the mask and saw he was unconscious and had a duck tape across his mouth with you quickly tore off.

"Derek!" You called shaking the cross to get him to wake up.

"Thank God," He said as you started to untie the ropes around his wrist. "I thought I was going to be up there till opening night." He sighed, still drowsy from being knocked out.

"Oh God I got to get you out of theses!" You shouted tugging at the knots, they were so tightly knotted it was almost as if they had been molded together.

"Well it's nothing to rush-"

"Derek the killer is here!" You said.

"What are you talking about?" He asked looking down at you, his face suddenly becoming very serious.

"He's here he's after me!" You started pulling on the ropes harder now.

"Where-"

"Right here." The ghostfaced killer said walking up on the stage. "You're fast y/n." He said.

"Get me down!" Derek said not taking his eyes off the killer.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." The killer said, but you didn't stop. "You really want to trust your best friend's boyfriend, don't you know history repeats itself?" The eerie voice died out.

"Mickey?" You gasped turning around from Derek.

It couldn't be true Mickey was your best friend, he spent all his time trying to protect you.

The killer took off the mask, he was no longer the vicious killer who had been chasing you. You were now staring at your best friend, Mickey.

"Why-" You choked on your words trying to hold back all sense of sadness that would cloud your rational thoughts.

"Surprise Y/n." Mickey said, it was something that would have been a perfect fit for Stu to say when you found out he was working with Billy, but instead he ended up falling in love with you.

"What the fuck?" Derek said.

"Since Derek here disappeared on my ass, I've been on my own all fucking night." Mickey said. "Thanks a lot partner."

"You motherfucker!" Derek spat at him. "Y/n, he's crazy! You know me better than that!" Derek was looking down at you but you were completely frozen.

"Come on Y/n, I've gotta have a partner. I couldn't have possibly done this alone." Mickey said.