"It's For You"

Friday

"Dewey!!" You screamed as the masked killer moved under Dewey's feet.

Quickly Dewey pulled the trigger but Ghostface pushed him off at the same time and Dewey was sent falling down the stairs while Ghostface ran through the door to the first floor dorms.

"Oh shit Dewey are you okay?" You asked helping Dewey to his feet.

"Yeah I'm alright but I let that fucking bastard get away." Dewey brushed himself off and put the gun back in its place.

"You're limping!" Mickey noticed, "Are you sure you're-"

"I'm fine kid, this happened the last time I had a run in with our killer." Dewey sighed. "I don't feel safe knowing you sleep in the same building this fucker got into." Dewey said turning back to you.

"I can get campus security to cover this building." He said.

You looked back the way ghostface had disappeared from and saw something. "Dewey look!" You said racing back up the stairs.

"You shot him!" You followed the trail of blood to the first floor door where the trail ended with a bloody hand print on it.

"Holy crap, this means out of our suspects one of them will have a bullet wound somewhere." Dewey said following you up the stairs.

"I don't think the killer will be back today, he needs to fix himself first." Mickey said.

"There's always two." Dewey said turning to Mickey. "Which be careful Y/n, last time it was the unsuspecting boyfriend as well."

"What are you saying? I'm not the killer!" Mickey almost laughed. "We all just saw the guy dressed up in a ghost costume try to kill us, right? That wasn't just me who saw it-"

"There's always two!" Dewey shouted interrupting him.

"Whatever, I don't have to take this shit. I'm going to my dorm, stay safe y/n." Mickey scoffed and left the building.

"Will you be okay tonight?" Dewey asked once everything was settled.

"Yeah, anyways Mickey's probably right, the killer needs to fix himself before he can attack again." Your eyes went back to the trail of blood.

"I'll go talk to the security team about some people around this building." Dewey said giving you a soft smile. "Come here kid." He pulled you into a hug, which you graciously accepted.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"I just can't believe this is happening again." You sigh into his shoulder.

"I know, but I'm not going to let you get hurt."

And with that you said your goodnights and thank-yous to Dewey as you watched him leave the building from the comfort of your locked dorm room.

Hallie still wasn't home, she was probably out with Derek. You decided to call his frat house just to check.

The line rung a few times before a man's voice you didn't recognize answered the phone. "Yeah... who is it?" The voice asked lazily.

"Is Derek there?"

"Um no, I think he went to some party-" The phone hung up.

"Okay..." You looked up quickly as the door opened to your dorm, but you calmed down when just seeing Hallie with her keys.

"Heyyy!" She said locking the door back up. "Man did you see the security out there, damn I had to show my school and housing I.D. to like ten different people. What the fuck is going on?" Hallie asked, she immediately went to the fridge and pulled out a beer.

"Yeah, about that..." You got up and walked to the small kitchen. "The killer was here-"

"What!?!" Hallie yelled choking on her beer.

"Yeah, he attack me and Mickey in the stairway."

"No fucking way are you okay?" Hallie asked.

"Yeah, I mean I can't believe-" The phone ringing cut you off. "Oh that's probably Derek, I called to see if you were over there. You can pick up if you want."

Hallie jumped on her bed and picked up the phone. "Hey Derek..."

"Y/n it's for you." She called out. "I'm going to take a shower."

"Ok, thanks." You took the phone from her and gave her a questioning look.

She just shrugged and said under her breather, "Sounds sexy!"

You laugh and roll your eyes. "Hello? This is Y/n."

The line was silent.

"Who is-"

"It's Stu..."

You didn't respond.

The caller I.D. read 'unknown'.

You looked up from the phone to find Hallie but she had already left to go to the showers.

"You're fucking with me." You finally said looking back down to the caller I.D. to see if you could get a number. The last time you had heard from Stu was a year ago at the hospital.

"No... Y/n, it's me." You hear his unsteady breathing on the other end of the phone. "I had to call, I need you to know this isn't me."

"Stu-" You have to many thoughts running through your head to form a sentence. "Stu what are you talking about?"

"I'm not the killer- I-I'm not, I just needed you to know that." You hear Stu shuffling the phone around, it sounds like he's covering the speaker.

"Where are you Stu?" You ask in a whisper that you didn't even realize you were doing. "Please, don't do this to me again. Where are you?"

There's no response.

You feel the tears forming, you're just back to the beginning that night in the hospital.

"Stu please-"

"Don't you think I want to!" There's more moving and scuffling around. "Don't you think I want to be with you?" He says now in a softer tone, his breath still shaking.

"Listen, I'm not going-" You say before Stu cuts you off.

"I'm here." The line goes dead.

You drop the phone and look around the dorm, not expecting him to be inside but you never know.

Hallie quickly comes back in the room with a towel wrapped around her and a shower bag by her side. "It's so cold in these hallways." She says. "So who was on the phone?"

"Um, wrong number I guess. I've got to get some air." You say picking up your jacket and walking towards the door.

"Wait where are you going?" Hallie asked.

"I don't know." You say, which isn't necessarily a lie, you're either going to go talk to Randy or you're going to find a killer.