"The Phone Calls?"

Saturday

12:05

"Stu is definitely here." You say as you walk back and fourth in Randy's dorm.

"But you don't thinks he's the killer?" Randy asks as he throws a ball up in the air from where he's laying on the bed.

"He can't be." You say. "I mean how could I not have realized he's here between the car and the phone calls-"

"The phone calls?" Randy asks sitting up now.

"Oh, yeah I forgot to mention I've spoken to Stu twice." You say.

"Okay, hold up this is confusing me. What?" Randy hops to his feet and stands directly in front of you, forcing you to stop your pacing. "Explain everything you just said to me right now."

"Stu called me in the hospital and then again right before I came over here." You said.

Randy put his hands on your shoulder and bent down a small bit so you were eye level. "And you didn't think to tell me this sooner?" He yelled, you could hear his room mate shushing him from behind a closed door.

"No." You say shushing Randy. "It wasn't important because he isn't involved with any of this anyways."

"It's a little bit important." Randy says in a squinched up tone.

"Look are you going to help me find him or what?"

Randy drops his hands from your shoulders and laughs. "Okay first of all, you are not going to find a man who is wanted for murder and second of all, there is no way in fucking hell I would help you find a psychotic killer. Especially one who will kill anyone in his path to get to you."

You throw yourself on Randy's bed and let out a big sigh. "Randy, how many times do I have to tell you he wasn't the one who killed everyone!"

"How can you be sure?" Another harsh shushing sound came from Randy's dormmate as Randy yelled back at you.

"I can't be." You say quietly after a short pause of silence.

Randy sits next to you on the bed and puts his hand on yours, "I just don't want you to get slaughtered out there, and I do trust you that Stu won't hurt you, but now there is a new killer out there."

"Ugh I know." You sigh and rest your head on Randy's shoulder. "This is so fucked up, I can't believe we're in this situation again."

Randy was about to reply when his roommate steps into the room. "Can you please get the fuck out of here I'm trying to actually get some sleep!"

"Shut the fuck up Paul and go back to bed!" Randy says walking over to him and pushing him back into his dorm before closing the door.

Randy turns back to you and you let out a laugh. "I can walk you back to your building if you want?" He says.

"No that's okay, its only across the street." You get up from the bed and give Randy a hug before stepping out he door.

"Don't get killed out there okay, meaning don't go looking for any accused serial killers." Randy smiled wearily.

"Yeah, okay. I'll see you in the morning, we'll go get coffee with Dewey or something." You wave goodbye to Randy and then head back to your dorm.

As you walk out into the dark you have an unusual feeling of calm inside you. It was almost as if knowing Stu was somewhere around was actually more comforting than being alone.

Whatever it was you surprisingly weren't scared to walk up the stairs (where you had almost been killed) by yourself.

When you walked into your dorm, Hallie was already asleep so you just decided to get ready and go to bed.

There was no more strange phone calls or messages from the killer or from Stu. It was probably for the best.

But you had already decided you were going to find Stu, it didn't matter that he was a supposed killer, you knew the real truth.

And the truth was Stu was innocent, maybe not completely innocent but he didn't jab the knife in (that was Billy) meaning at least he wasn't dangerous.

Whoever this new killer is is dangerous and maybe somehow Stu knew something to help you figure out who he or she was.

That was enough thinking about killers and old Woodsboro for one night. You finally fell asleep around 3 in the morning, because your head was filled with thought.

Your alarm clock rang at 6 o'clock and when you got up Hallie was already gone, probably either at breakfast or at the showers.

You quickly changed your clothes and walked across campus to the cafe where Randy and Dewey agreed to meet at.

The two guys were already sitting at a table when you got there, Dewey waved you over when he saw you.

"Hey guys!" You say as you sit next to Randy, only because that was the closet to you.

"Hey." Dewey says and looks back at Randy. "Knock it off man there's nothing you can do about it."

"What is it?" You ask turning your gaze to where Randy is looking.

"The new Stab movie is out." Randy said pointing to the TV overhead.

Right now a scene of who you guessed were Billy and Sidney, was playing. The actors barely looked like them.

"Oh shit, have I come on yet?" You ask.

"Didn't you already see this movie at the premiere?" Randy asks back.

"I couldn't mark it through, I left even before Casey got murdered." You responded, Dewey gave you a soft smile.

You didn't think Dewey was at the premiere either, you saw Randy there, but you didn't think Dewey was ready to watch his sister's death unfold for another time.

"Oh," Dewey said chocking on his coffee, "Guess who's back?"

Both you and Randy returned his question with shrugs.

"Gale Weathers-"

"You're fucking joking-"

"Typically, every time a story arises-"

"Randy calm down." You say interrupting him. "She saved our lives, we can at least act happy to see her."

"Sure she profited off of writing all about our friends gruesome deaths and now is probably living in some multi million dollar home with the fucking money she made off our lives."

There was a short silence as you and Dewey tried to process all that Randy had just said.

"I'm happy to see her." Dewey finally said.