Back into the Mind of a Psycho Killer.

Stu was away from the door and attacking the killer before you could even hit the ground.

Your mouth slammed shut as you felt the hard ground slam into your back, it sent pain up your spine.

"Stu!" You called out to him as you watch him tackling the killer but ghostface had the upper hand; the knife.

The blade, now clean of your blood as ghostface had done his signature wipe of the blade before Stu got to him, sliced against Stu's upper chest and he grunted in pain.

He reached down to grab his chest, his mistake, the back of the knife in ghostface's hand reared up and knocked him in the chin, sending him on the ground next to you. His head hitting the floor and knocking him out.

"No!" You yelled, moving to him. You grabbed his bruised chin and he instantly woke to your touch.

"Oh thank God." You looked at him but quickly turned to the open space to where the killer had been standing.

Gone.

"Fuck." Stu spat blood and felt his bruised jaw. The cut on his chest was smaller than it looked, the blood worse than the actual cut.

"Stu." You said, looking at the cut on his chest and then back up to him. He was up and searching for Ghostface. You were almost in complete shock of what had just happened.

The killers seemed to be taking more and more risk each time, how the hell did he even get in such a heavily guarded place.

This killer had to be well known and trusted around set.

Your eyes were inspecting the studio for any sign of ghostface before you felt the stinging pain in your side and remembered the stab wound. Right above the healed wound from Billy's gunshot.

Fuck, you needed a break.

"Stu..." You said quieter this time as you took your blood covered hand away from your side.

Stu's focus was taken from the search and placed on you. "Oh fuck!" He said just like before as he got down next to you.

"I'm alright." You say, slowly sitting upright and clutching your hand to your bleeding side. "It's not bad." You say truthfully.

It was nothing compared to the gunshot wound. 

However the fact that it was so close to where Billy had shot you and you were in surgery for hours was a little frightening.

"Let me see." Stu says as he scoots closer to you and places his hand on yours, moving it away from the cut.

You instantly feel the pressure of his hand on your side, stopping the blood as best as he could.

"Holy shit," He starts.

"Oh what?" You exclaim trying to get a good view of it.

"This is the same spot that Billy faked stabbed himself when he was trying to make it look like he was just an innocent survivor." Stu shifted his gaze from the wound to your eyes, his face close to yours.

"You think this was intentional?" You offer. "Maybe like a threat?"

"I think our killer wants us to know that he has us exactly where he wants us. He's playing with our lives, not going to kill the main characters until the time is perfect." You watched the thought form in Stu's head.

He was going back into the mind of a psycho killer.

You stayed silent as you looked at the blood on your hands.

"I guess I should probably go to the hospital." You finally said.

"Yeah definitely." Stu agreed, breaking from his thoughts and helping you to your feet. You walked to the door and stopped as you heard the sound of people outside.

"What? What is it? Are you okay?" Stu asks when he feels you pull back on his hand.

"I can't go out like this." 

"You have a fucking stab wound in your side, I don't think this is the time to worry about unwanted attention." Stu says.

"You said it yourself that this was not a fatal wound. If people see us like this, hell is going to break loose."

Stu gave you a worried look before his eyes landed on something behind you. "Bingo." He smiled.

You turned your head to see the box labeled 'costumes' sitting behind you.

"Oh my God." You said as you walked over and saw all the same exact outfits that everyone was wearing that fatal day in 1996, there was even a Ghostface costume.

"Man, I still have that thing in my closet." Stu said as he pointed towards a shirt that you recognized as the one he wore the day before Halloween.

The two of you cleaned your blood covered hands off on a near bye towel and changed into fresh clothes, ones straight out of your memories and that the actors playing you and Stu probably wore in Stab 1.

Stu had wrapped bandages and towels around your side, enough so the blood wouldn't soak through and stain your new clothes, well somewhat new.

When you and Stu had emerged into the sunlight and out of that Woodsboro-look-alike, you quickly got into your car and Stu drove you to the hospital. It was shocking how you didn't run into Randy or the detectives on your way out.

The hospital trip was quick, they cleaned you up and stitched the cut. They did the same for Stu. 

The doctors had a lot of questions, but they also knew about the killer, everyone did, and were quick to tell the police everything you had said when they showed up.

By the time they did show up, you and Stu had gotten out of there.

--------------

"Now tell me again what happened exactly." Detective Mark Kincaid says to you as you sat on your hotel bed with Stu right next to you, putting his arm around you like your bodyguard.

"I told you, he just attacked us." You sighed. "And then he was just gone."

"Look, we found a connection between Maureen and what's happening." He sighed.

"What?" You straightened up. "What is it?"

"John Milton."

"The producer?" Stu asks.

"Yes." Kincaid said. "But when we questioned him, he had all fact checked and safe answers. He knew Maureen when she was an actress, but he didn't do this."

"So another dead end." You sigh.

Mark nodded sadly. "Oh, uh. I picked up your mail on my way in." He added when all else was said.

"Thanks." You smile weakly as he sets the mail in front of you.

You say your goodbyes and he's gone.

"I can't believe him, he's getting us no where." Stu scoffed, closing the door.

You didn't reply, to focused on the mail in your hands.

"What?" Stu said when he noticed your silence.

"An invitation to Roman Bridgers birthday party." You said as you held the invitation up to him as he walked to the bed. "Tonight."

"This just keeps getting more like 1996." You rubbed your eyes as he took the party invite.

"Well if this is 1996, than you know as well as I do that this party is not going to end well." Stu said.