"Everybody's A Suspect!"

Wednesday

"Nah, someone probably snagged the phone off Mr. Prescott right after they gutted him." Randy said in reply to when you told him what Dewey had told you.

After school you had met up with him and the two of you went to the video store together. It was now 4:42 and still pretty bright outside. Most of your costumers came around this time to get a good movie to watch when it got dark.

"I really hope not, Mr. Prescott is the only family Sidney has left." You sighed.

"Well that really won't matter much if we all end up dead after this." Randy picked up a cart of movies and walked away to the isles to stalk them up.

You rolled your eyes and waved him off. As you watched him walk off you saw Stu race up to him and burst into his hands knocking out all the movies he was carrying. You walked over to the two of them and started picking up movies.

"Don't you think this prank has worn its self out by now?" You asked Stu, he had knocked movies out of Randy's hands multiple times.

"You love it." He grinned. You rolled your eyes at how stupid he sounded.

"Oh now that's in poor taste." Randy said.

"What?" Stu asked trying to follow the direction of Randy's gaze. You bent back up from picking up the movies on the floor and looked over as well.

"If you were the only suspect in a senseless bloodbath, would you be standing in the horror section?" Your eyes found Billy talking with a few giggling girls right where Randy said he was, in the horror section.

"It was just a misunderstanding, he didn't do anything." Stu said, he looked to you for reassurance but you just shrugged, not completely sure what to believe.

"You're such a little lapdog. He's got 'killer' printed all over his forehead." Randy said, raising his voice.

"Oookay!" Stu wined in a cartoonish voice. You laughed slightly. "Really? Well why'd the cops let him go, smart guy?"

"Cause obviously they don't watch enough movies-"

"Here we go again." You sighed, Randy paused and looked at you frowning. Stu started chuckling.

"This is standard horror movie stuff." Randy continued. "Prom Night revisited, man!"

"Yeah?" Stu leaned up against the counter with his head on his hand. "Why would he wanna kill his own girlfriend?"

"There's always some stupid bullshit reason to kill your girlfriend." Randy sighed at Stu's lack of horror movie knowledge.

"That's the beauty of it, simplicity."

"That's crazy Randy." You chuckled to yourself.

"If it gets to complicated you'll lose your target audience." Randy said now looking at you.

"Well, what's his reason?" Stu asked.

"Maybe Sidney wouldn't have sex with him." Randy said almost under his breath.

"Unlikely." You said, eyeing the boy who had a crowd of girls around him as his pushed his dark brown hair out of the way of his eyes.

"Whatever." Randy said as you grinned back at him, obviously messing with him.

"What is she saving herself for you?" Stu asked moving along the isle with you and Randy.

"Maybe." Randy said without hesitation. "Now that Billy tried to mutilate her, do you think Sid would go out with me?"