"He Wasn't The One Who Made That Call"

Wednesday

"My dad still hasn't reached anyone?" You heard Sidney ask Dewey as you enter the Riley kitchen for some quick breakfast before heading off to school.

"Sorry Sid, we haven't heard anything." Dewey shook his head as he filled his coffee cup up to the brim.

"Good morning sleepy head." Tatum said to you as you sat down at the table. You had completely slept through the first alarm and had barely enough time to shower, your hair was even still a little damp.

"Are you girls sure you are up to go to school today?" Mrs. Riley asked you and Sidney as she put a plate of pancakes on the table.

"We're good." Sidney said getting a pancake onto her plate.

"Mrs. Riley these look amazing, thank you." You said as you got one onto your plate as well.

"Well of course, you all have been through," She took a deep sigh, "just so much." By saying this you guessed she was mainly focusing on Sidney who was only less then three days away from the anniversary of her mother's death.

As you were scarfing down the delicious pancake, you saw Dewey waving you over to where he was standing from across the room.

"I got a call from the Sheriff this morning," He started as you came up to him, "Loomis's phone records came back clean, he wasn't the one who made that call."

"So that means the killer is still out there." You sighed, half of you was relieved to know one of your closest friends wasn't out to kill you.

"I wanted to let you know before I told Sid, I don't know how she will take it." Dewey fidgeted with the cup of coffee in his hands.

"Billy could have been charged with murder because of us, I don't think he will be so forgiving today at school." You said.

"You think he'll be at school?" Dewey asked.

Before you could answer, Tatum called out for you, telling you she was ready to head out. You waved goodbye to Dewey and grabbed your bag before heading out the door with Tatum and Sidney.

Tatum and Sidney walked off to their first class and left you walking across the school to get to your first period classroom.

"Hey miss spot light." Stu said excitedly as he rushed up beside you in the hallway of school.

You rolled your eyes and laughed.

"How does it feel to know that you're right on the top of the killer's hit list?" He wrapped his arm around your shoulder and continued to walk with you down the hall.

"It feels like I should definitely have a cop around me at all times." You sighed.

"You don't have one?" Stu asked as if he was lost in thought. You shook your head.

"All you need is another run in with this killer and then you'll get one." Stu reached the classroom door before you and held it open for you.

"Promise?" You asked walking in.

"Pinky promise." Stu smiled.

"Glad you both could make it." The teacher said as the two of you walked through the door. "The police are waiting for you at the front office." She said, looking at you.

You nervously waved goodbye to Stu and he gave you a reassuring smile before you walked out and to the front office.

When you walked in you saw the Sheriff and Dewey along with Sidney sitting on the waiting couch. She smiled at you as you walked in and you smiled back.

"You girls aren't in any trouble or anything, this is basically a- a- check in." The Sheriff said, searching for words. "Billy's phone records were completely clear, and we had nothing to hold him for so he's back at school today."

There was a silent pause. "Oh wow." Sidney finally said, adjusting herself on the couch.

"Sid if you ever feel uncomfortable here at school-" Dewey started before Sidney interrupted him.

"No Dewey, it's fine. He's inoccent anyways." Sidney got out of her seat and gathered her books. "Are we done here?"

The Sheriff nodded and held the door open for you and Sidney.

"You ok Sid?" You asked when out of the office.

"What do think? The one and only lead is free and roaming these halls." Sidney ran a hand through her hair and sighed. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to snap at you, all this is just so much."

"It's fine Sid. It's my fault anyways, I threw the blame on Billy as soon as I saw him with that cell phone. That wasn't proof of anything."

"He's probably super pissed off at us." Sidney sighed.

"It's nothing a good kiss can't fix." You smiled at her as she just laughed.

"I'm hoping you mean from me."

"Of course I do!" You laughed.

The two of you went your separate way back to your different classes. Class went by quick with all the thoughts running through your head.

When the bell had rung you met up with Tatum and Stu by Tate's locker as she sucked on a bright red lollipop.

"Did you see the killers back?" Stu giggled as he asked the two of you.

"What you mean Billy? He's obviously not a killer if he's back at school." Tatum flicked her lollipop towards Stu.

"Aren't you supposed to stick up for your best friends?" You asked Stu.

"Not if they're psycho killers." As soon as Stu said this Sidney walked up to the three of you.

"Hey Sid? Have you seen Billy yet?" Tatum asked her.

Before Sidney could answer two kids ran through the hallway with ghost masks on and wearing long black robes.

"That looks just like-" You said as the kids rushed past you, Sidney stepped out in the path they just took and gasped and ran out.

Stu laughed as you turned to him and rolled your eyes. You walked out of the hallway and went to find Sidney, you went into the girls restroom.

"Sidney?" You looked around and saw nobody, "Are you here?" Under the stalls were completely empty as you looked under and saw nobody's feet.

You were about to walk back out when you heard a rustling sound coming from one of the stalls.

"Hello?" You called, but there was no response. You crouched back down and looked under the stalls but still no one was there. The rustling paused and then started back up again, you walked to the back stall and stared at the closed door.

As you went to try the handle black boots stepped down onto the floor. By the time you saw them it was to late. The figure busted out of the stall and charged for you.

You quickly moved out of the way as the figure crashed into the sink. You didn't waste any time as you got to your feet as quick as you ran out of the bathroom door.

"Woah! Watch out!" A voice called out as you ran into someone coming out of the bathroom.