"It's Fucking Woodsboro."

"So we're going to Hollywood!" Randy said as you threw your last bag in the car.

"We're already in Hollywood dipshit." Stu knocked Randy in the back as he moved past you to close the trunk.

"You know what I mean." Randy sighed, rolling his eyes.

"Hey maybe we should stop by Gale's seminar, I think she's doing one in Hollywood this week." You say as you get into the passenger side of the car.

"Sounds like a wonderful idea, but you know what we're actually on a pretty tight schedule here, damn." Stu said, giving you a frown.

You gave Stu a look.

"What, all I'm saying is that-"

"I know, I know." You sighed. "I guess that would be pretty boring anyways."

"Hey, she saved our lives remember." Randy chimes in from the back seat.

"Yeah and then got famously rich off of it." Stu scoffs, "I wonder how she's doing anyways." He turns to look at you. "You think her and deputy Dewey are still banging it up."

"I think they broke up."

"Aw shit." Randy sighs. "They're forged together, trauma bonded."

Randy paused before reaching inbetween you and Stu and turning up the radio, "They're talking about it now."

"What-" You asked before Randy shushed you.

"Beloved star Cotton Weary, known for his afternoon talk show: 100% Cotton, died-" The woman's voice on the radio said.

"Like we haven't already heard that news a hundred times on the TV." Stu said, going to turn the radio down again.

"It's just all to shocking." Randy said almost in a joking way.

There was silence before Stu broke it by saying some stupid joke which lead to a mostly talkative car ride.

Mostly.

The car ride to the hotel only took about 10 minutes, you were fine just staying in the other motel but the studio had offered you free rooms, there was no passing that up. Plus it was right next to the studio.

It was 12:34 when the three of you parked outside of a large building with a banner across the top which read: 'Now in production Stab 3'.

"I still can't believe they made this shit into a movie." You sighed as you all stared at the banner.

"I still can't believe they killed off my character in Stab 2. It really worsened the plot." Randy said.

You laughed. "Well you almost died in real life, it would have been unprofessional to keep your character alive."

Stu was about to start protesting the ending of Stab 1 when your phone went off.

Randy jumped in the back.

"You okay buddy?" Stu asked him.

"I'm still not used to those mobile phones." He sighed.

"Hello?" You asked as you picked up the phone, which read 'unknown caller.'

"Hey- this is Gale." The voice said on the other end.

"Gale?" You pulled the phone away from your ear to look at the called id again. "Where are you calling from?"

"Some college- it's not important. Listen, I just spoke to a Detective Mark Kincaid, he told me Cotton was killed."

"Yeah, it's kind of everywhere." You responded.

Her voice was fuzzy on the other end, your phone didn't have great service.

"But that's not all. A picture of Maureen Prescott was left by his body!"

"What?" You didn't believe it, it couldn't be happening. "Did you tell this to Dewey?"

"Well, no- I- -- had--- but--"

"Gale, you're breaking up."

"What-" You could hear Gale only for a split second.

"Gale, we're at the studio. I'll meet you here and we can talk-"

"Yeah-" She said cutting you off. "Ok."

"Please call Dewey."

You heard Gale sigh. "Sure, whatever." She said before she abruptly hung up.

"Shit there's already reporters crawling this place." Stu sighed as all three of you looked out the windows.

He was right, they were everywhere. No questions, they're weren't here to cover the new movie, this was all about Cotton's death.

"What did Gale have to say?" Randy asked as the three of you got out of the car.

"There was a picture of Maureen Prescott at the scene of Cotton's death."

"You're shitting me-" Stu looked at you with wide eyes.

You shook your head.

"It really is happening again." Randy sighed. "And it couldn't be in a better place."

You stared at all the reporters and large Stab 3 signs.

"You think there's a back way into this place? One where we don't have to face this?" You asked to anyone.

"If those reporters spot us they'll be on us so fast." Randy said.

"Hey, I think I see a way to get in." Stu said. "Follow me." He said grabbing your hand with a wink.

You smiled and gratefully went with him, Randy hot on your trail.

Stu led you to the back entrance: a huge door with two security guards blocking it.

All three of you showed them your passes and got it without any trouble, for once.

"Holy fuck-" You gasped as you entered the set.

"Oh fuck it's my house." Stu said with a nervous laugh. "It's fucking Woodsboro."

"What in the horror-movie-replicating-shit is this?" Randy said as he stared at a lady who walked by with a box labeled 'Sidney's bedroom.'

The whole place was an exact replica of Woodsboro, the houses looked the same, the trees, the street lights, it was all the goddamn same.

You barely were able to soak it all in before a man in a 'staff team' uniform was guiding you over to the exact remake of Sidney's house.

As you turned back to make sure Stu and Randy were following you ran straight into somebody.

"Oh- sorry, I didn't see you there." A man with a charming smile said as he looked down at you. "I'm Mark Kincaid and you must be the lovely-"

"My girlfriend, that's who she is." Stu said right before Mark Kincaid was able to grab your hand.

"You're the detective that spoke to Gale Weathers this morning." You said, avoiding Stu's remark.

"So she's already spreading the news I see."

Before you could answer someone was calling detective Kincaid from the porch of Sidney's house.

"Detective!" The man called out. "There's no reason to presume Cotton's death had anything to do with this movie, is there?"

"He was making a movie called 'Stab.'" Kincaid's assistant responded. "He was stabbed."

You were pulled away from the conversation when you noticed a man on Sidney's porch smiling at you. As soon as you met his gaze, he left the porch to come and meet you.

"What an honor this is to meet all three of you." He said as he shook you, Stu, and Randy's hands.

"I'm Roman, the man who invited you all here."