"Your Insides On Your Outside"

Tuesday

"Sid?" You called walking into the school bathroom. You had seen Sidney walk up the front steps and down the hallway leading to the bathroom, but now while you were in here it looked completely empty.

The door opened behind you and bumped into your back.

"Oh sorry." Sidney said, as you scooted forward away from the door.

"No I'm sorry Sid, we were being totally immature out there. We didn't mean to upset you."

Sidney looked at you, "Of course not, I just needed to get some air. All the police and everything, it's like déjà vu all over again."

You put a hand on Sidney's back as she puts both her hands up against the sink to support herself.

"Sidney-" You started, not totally knowing what to say, "What happened with Casey and Steve-"

"I know." Sidney says giving you a small smile, "It isn't connected to my mom, but I can't help but feel like shit."

"No one is excepting you to be one hundred percent, especially at a time like this."

Sidney looks at herself in the mirror and then looks back at you.

"Can I ask you something?"

You nod your head, "Of course."

"My dad is out of town right now, and being alone in that house is creeping me out." Sidney says, "Would it be to much to ask if you could spent the night?"

"Of course I can Sid." You smile. "I mean hell that house would scare the shit out of anyone."

Sidney laughs and gives you a hug before the two of you head back out the door.

"I can see if Tatum wants to come over too. After her practice that is." Sidney tells you.

"Yeah maybe she can rent us a movie." You add, "Like All The Right Moves. I heard if you pause it just right, you can see his penis."

"Oh my gosh!" Sidney laughs, nudging you with her shoulder.

You laugh along as the two of you walk up to the rest of the group. Sidney tells Tatum the plan.

"Well why am I not invited?" Stu asked making a sarcastic sad face. "Sounds like it would be hot."

"You're such a perv Stu!" Tatum scoffs, slapping his arm.

"Stu you're not allowed in my house, especially while my dad isn't home." Sidney laughs.

The bell rings a few seconds later and everyone heads off to class.

After the last two periods, you and Sidney meet up with Tatum on the field and tell her some details. When Tatum runs off to catch up with her team, the two of you hop on the bus and ride to Sidney's house.

You had an extra pair of clothes in your bag from gym that you never used. So you weren't worried that this was in the spur of the moment and you didn't pack.

"Want to help me make so food for our movie?" Sidney asks throwing her backpack on the chair next to the front door.

"I thought we were just ordering a pizza." You followed Sidney into her kitchen. You had been there plenty of times so you already knew the layout of the house.

The phone rang on the counter and Sidney motioned if you could get it while she pulled food out from the fridge and placed it on the counter. "We're making our own pizzas tonight." You looked at the counter, which was now covered in bags of cheese and pizza dough.