Chapter 6: A Foreign Feeling

Sal's POV:-

The rest of the school day was pretty quiet. No more shit from Travis as he spent the rest of the time in the nurses office with ice covering his dick. I couldn't believe River stood up for me like that. So many people would watch as Travis would ruthless torment me but no one would intervene. I suppose it was easier keeping their head down rather than getting the shtick themselves. I mean I was fortunate whenever Larry, Todd or Ashley were there. They would always stick up for me, Todd being quieter than most but I could always count on him to back up the numbers. River had been here for one day and already emasculated Travis in front of a large amount of people. So why did I feel so nervous again?

River was so easy to talk to and I really felt connected with her on another level but ever since she readjusted my straps I felt really low. I didn't want her seeing any part of my real face because I didn't want her to feel frightened. I know after our talk in my apartment last night she told me she wouldn't be, but there would always be that doubt from me. As the school day was drawing to a close, we all met up in the usual space. Most of us had different classes for final period so we all agreed to walk back together. Todd was of course the first one to arrive, followed by me and shortly afterwards Larry arrived.

"Damn I can't wait to go home" Larry sighed and stretched up tall. "How was everyone's day?"

"Not bad, got an A on my recent assignment. I can't complain" Todd smiled proudly as he shared his news.

"That's awesome man!" Larry patted him aggressively. "Sorry that was hard..."

"It's alright" Todd laughed. "I appreciate the support regardless"

"What's up with you Sally Face?" Larry looked down to me. "What's got you this quiet?"

"Oh nothing. Just tired that's all" I reply quickly trying not to get into it.

"Dude, you know you're like my brother. I can tell when somethings off... what's going on?" Larry pushed further.

"I must admit Sal, since you've arrived you haven't really engaged in conversation. What's eating you up?" Todd titled his head at me.

"Oh just Travis earlier.. River..."

"That fucking tool" Larry interrupted. "Why didn't you tell me earlier? I would've made sure Travis had something to really complain about..."

"Well he did" I cut him off. "River kicked him in the dick"

"What!" They both screamed in unison before erupting with laughter.

"Oh man that's sick!" Larry cried. "I knew she would be awesome. Did he cry?"

"Yeah pretty much. She really went in there" I smiled behind my mask.

"So what's got you so quiet then dude? She stuck up for you..." Larry wiped his eyes from crying due to his aggressive laughs.

"My clasp came loose..." I whispered quickly.

"Oh man. What happened?" Todd looked slightly defeated.

"River fixed it for me... I don't know I guess I just didn't..."

"You didn't want her to see your face did you?" Larry interrupted me. "You know, I don't think she'd react man, she's cool"

"I know she's cool but I just felt like she would feel disgusted with it..." I feel myself getting lower.

"You know Sal, I think she'd understand. I mean the girls got a wicked scar and her eyes are bright freaking violet. She'll probably understand more than anyone what it's like to be different" Larry patted my shoulder supportively.