Chapter 56: Repent

Travis's POV:-
I sat in the toilets, doing my usual thing. Hiding and crying. It's been this way for a pretty long time now, disappointing everyone around me and not feeling good enough to live anymore. After the whole fiasco with River and Sal things really dipped for me. My dad came to collect me from the school, acting like a concerned parent and wanting nothing but the best for his son. He put on his best, 'disappointed' voice when in reality he was thinking about how best to deal with me when we returned home. I put on this huge exterior when no one really knows what I have to live with, what I have to do everyday to prove myself to that pathetic human I call a father. As my dad was a minister, people naturally would assume he was caring and only wanted to point me in the right direction. Oh boy how they were wrong.

When we returned home that day, I remember him slamming the door behind me after we walked into the door. I saw my mother's expression from the kitchen drop when she saw us both return home, me covered in blood as River smashed my head hard against the floor. I looked to her, pleading with her to protect me but she avoided my gaze and left the room leaving me with him. I felt my heart drop in my chest as I had no one, no one to look after me when I knew what was coming next.

"Turn around" he growled which caused the tears to form in my eyes.

I turned to face him, his belt now removed from his tailored trousers and perfectly wrapped around his veiny hands. My breath shuddered as I walked toward him, kneeling down and placing my hands out in front of him. I closed my eyes waiting for the sharp sensation of his aggressive whipping across my finger tips but was throughly shocked when they never came. I could feel my body twitching and shaking, trying to fight off the fear of my father's wrath. As I opened my eyes and looked up at his disapproving face, that's when I saw him holding my journal. Yes, I have a journal deal with it. My eyes opened wide as I remembered the contents within, praying to god he had not read them.

"What is this Travis?" He showed me the journal cover close to my face.

"It's n-nothing" I stumbled and went to stand up.

"You stay there!" He shouted which scared me and without realising, I had my hands in the air, begging for him not to swipe at me.

"S-sorry Sir... dad... it's nothing"

"Then allow me to read a small section I found rather amusing..." he paused and opened the book. "Maybe this will jog your memory"

No no..no! Please god have mercy on my soul, my father cannot read what is inside my journal! He will surely beat me to oblivion if he does...

"I know we don't really know each other and you probably have your opinions of me. I thought maybe if I told you how I feel, things could be different. The truth is, I can't stop thinking about you..." he scoffed and closed the book tightly, throwing it across the room. "WHO IS THIS ABOUT?!"

"No one!" I screamed, not wanting to continue this conversation any longer.

"Don't you raise your voice at me Travis!" He roared back, whipping the belt across my shoulder causing me to yell in pain. "You tell me who this is about now!"

"It's just someone from school alright!" I held my shoulder tightly, still feeling the tingling feeling of pain lacing my veins.

"It's that... that boy again isn't it..." he snarled and swallowed hard.

"No, dad... you've read it all wrong... we changed it remember..." I stuttered, trying to form a sentence correctly but failing miserably.

"I thought we had fixed this Travis, but it appears you are still romanticising about him... aren't you" I feel him bowing to my level, his bright white ministers collar gleaming in my face.