Chapter 49: The Heart Wants What The Heart Wants

River's POV:-
As we began Truth or Dare, I was starting to feel the effects of the vodka after my second drink. I mean, I had never had alcohol before and I was drinking a fairly strong spirit really, plus I think Larry was adding more than I think I was asking for. We took it in turns, asking each other truth or dare questions starting with Ashley asking Larry.

"Truth or Dare Larry?" She giggles and took a swig of her drink.

"Hm, dare man" he leaned back onto his bed smirking like crazy.

"I dare you to, um, take off your shirt" Ashley laughed as she finished the sentence.

I giggled along with her as it was so extravagant to even think of Larry without his top on during this game. I mean, I saw a glimpse of him when we had a brief altercation by the bathroom in Michigan but it wasn't an image that stuck in my mind. Without the slightest hesitation, Larry stood on his bed raising his arms and removing his t-shirt. I watched as he finally got it away from his head and threw it directly at Sal, shooting him a wink and brushing his long brown hair away from his face. I don't know what happened but I couldn't help but see Larry in a completely different light. I never thought of Larry in that way but the confidence that radiated from him was mesmerising. I looked down sneakily to see his moderately toned slim frame that was graced with some body hair. I quickly removed my gaze from Larry before we made eye contact and we continued the game.

"Right this one is to the group. It's a truth" Todd pushed up his glasses and had a small sip of drink. "Who has lost their virginity here?"

The group went a little bit silent, I looked around to see Ashley's face drop and so did Sal's. Wait a minute, did something happen between them? Or was it nerves? Perhaps I'm overthinking but it was odd that both their faces dropped down to the floor...Eventually, Larry took a drink and leaned forward.

"I have.." he whispered and pushed his hair away from his face.

The whole group looked to Larry in complete shock wondering if he was bullshitting or indeed telling the truth.

"I call bullshit" I smirk and look to Larry. "You've never mentioned it before and I have a feeling you would've told us all..."

"Perhaps I wanted to be a little bit mysterious Riv" he winked at me which made my body react in an unusual way.

"Who the hell to!?" Todd finished his drink and went to make another, not removing his gaze from Larry's devilish smile.

"Oh I don't fuck and tell" he chuckled deeply.

"It's because you haven't fucked at all!" Ashley laughed and nudged Larry's leg.

"Well whether you believe me or not, I'm telling you I have. It was a couple years ago, random girl I met and we got talking. She told me she wanted me and I gave her everything she wanted..." he growled which made my eyes open wide.

"I think Larry needs to drink, I don't believe him" Sal laughed and leant forward into his knees.

"DRINK!" We all cried which Larry was happy to follow the rules.

The group began to laugh and we continued to drink. I felt my eyes grow glassy and my vision slightly beginning to blur. I looked around the room to see Sal's smiling face as he continued to grill Larry about the bold statement he had made moments beforehand. Before I knew it, I heard Sal ask the group a question.

"Right same as Todd this question is for the group. I want you to take a drink if you have ever had a secret crush on anyone in our group..." he smiled and winked at me.

I felt my cheeks blush as I began to drink some of my vodka and sprite. To my surprise, I looked up at the rest and every single one of us had a drink. I giggled as I couldn't believe they all at some stage had a crush on someone in the group. I was curious about who they thought of at one time, so I stupidly asked the question.