Chapter 39: Hillsdale Mall

River's POV:-
Neither Sal or I mentioned anything about what happened in the bathroom. Secretly I was still understanding what happened myself. What could have happened in Larry didn't come along at that point in time...?

"Riv?" Larry snapped me out of my daydreaming.

"Hm?" I look at him confused. I just hear Sal's chuckling from behind me.

"You still happy to see the purge?" Larry laughed.

"Yeah all cool with me. Let me get some money out..."

"Nah nah nah! Sal and I will get your ticket, no problem. Yes man three tickets to the purge, 3 popcorns and 3 drinks please!" Larry called for the employee.

I looked at Sal who no doubt was giving me a look underneath that prosthetic. I could hear his deep chuckles trying to suppress themselves which only made me smile even more.

"What's the matter with you? Cat got your tongue?" He came beside me and whispered.

"Don't you dare.." I whispered back. "What's going into you?" I giggled.

"I don't know, something just feels different. It's weird..." he laughed.

"Don't get me wrong I like this very confident Sally Face" I muttered and got close to his ear. "But don't tease me in public, it won't go well for you..." I kiss his exposed ear which makes him jolt upwards.

I could tell I was winning now, I had him exactly where I wanted him in terms of torment. He grabbed my hand and squeezed it tight as I let the words sink into him and make him frustrated. It's crazy, a few days ago I wasn't speaking and I was filled with dread but since being back in Michigan I feel everything just melting away and now I'm experiencing this sort of feeling. It's bizarre honestly but I guess that's just how my mind is working right now.

The three of us grab our tickets and head into the movie theatre. We had some looks, of course we did but as I had Larry and Sal there I really didn't care what people said. I heard my name muttered a few times, wondering if it was in fact River Valentine returning to Hillsdale but I wanted to just enjoy the time with the boys. We took our seats and starting to watch the movie. Larry was completely entranced with the thing, I looked over to him to see his eyes firmly glued on the large screen in front of us. Whenever someone got whacked, he would make this face and it just made me giggle. I then felt a small hand get placed on my thigh. I looked to my right to see Sal watching the film and making a physical connection with me. I felt butterflies fill my stomach as he began to circle my jeans with his thumb. If this is his retaliation to earlier, it was working. I sat back facing forward, not really focusing on the movie but instead of Sal's vascular hand as it continued it's circling motion. I looked to him and immediately he caught my gaze. Instead of saying a word, he merely winked and went back to watching the movie. The dick.

The rest of the film felt like it went on for eternity, I don't really remember much of the plot as my sole focus was on Sal's hand. It didn't stay in one position, it would move up and down and at one point I had to squeeze the arms of the seats as I couldn't take the teasing anymore. As we left the cinema, I felt myself beginning to relax as I no longer had that distraction.

"Man did you see when that dude got his head caved in! Gross" Larry howled through the hallway. "What did you think of it Riv?"

"Um, it was a good movie..." I mutter finishing off the last of my coke.

"You sure you liked it? You seemed to be a bit distracted?" Sal muttered only enough so I could hear. I flashed him a quick look which made him laugh before we left the building.

"So what now then? We could go and grab some burgers or something and then chill back at the house?" Larry said.

"We could do that. I'm down to grab some food and then head back... Riv?" Sal looked at me.