Chapter 107: Eruption

River's POV:-

"Oh hell no!" Larry screamed. "Ash no, you aren't coming too".

"Like fuck are you not including me. I assume Todd told you everything that Sal told us? You weren't expecting me not to show up were you?" Ash snapped. "Besides, the more numbers you have - the more likely you are the stop all this bullshit".

"You bloody texted her didn't you Todd?" Larry turned, shooting Todd the biggest evils.

"I told you Larry, both Ash and I want to help you. It seems foolish to not include her seeing as she knows about what's happening too?"

"God fucking dammit" he scoffed. "No point keeping anything a secret anymore is there?" 

"Nope, not from your so called friends anyway" Ashley rolled her eyes and walked her way over to me. "How are you Riv? Sorry to hear about your Dad and everything..." 

"Oh gosh, in all of our conversation I didn't even think about mentioning your dad" Todd looked worried. "Yes, we're so sorry to hear about your Dad going missing River. I assume there has been no new updates?" 

"Um..." I felt myself choke on my own spit. "No, nothing new to update. Other than we think the cult have him..."

"Damn" Ashley sighed. "We'll get him back River, don't worry" she rubbed her small hand across my arm and gave me a smile. 

"WE won't be doing anything just standing here" Larry snapped. "You shouldn't be here Ash. It's bad enough Sal came and told you both about everything but bringing you both along could be a suicide mission. I really think you should both..."

"Cut the shit Larry" Ash turned and scolded him. "Sal was the only one who told us what was going on. Clearly he needed our help with bringing these assholes down - unlike you who thought it was best to keep it from us. I mean, how the fuck could you do that to me and Todd? We've known you for so many years, grown up together and been together through thick and thin - now all you want to do is keep us in the fucking dark and go fighting monsters and possibly end up killing yourself!" 

"I only did that to try and protect you both! What do you not understand about this?!" 

"Protect us?! Hiding it from us wasn't protecting us Larry and you know it! If Sal didn't come to Todd in the first place, they could've grabbed Todd in his sleep next! Then they could've tracked me down and then taken me. Neither me or Todd would've known anything about it and we could've already been dead by now!"

Todd and I stood together as we watched the explosion happening before us. I had never seen Larry and Ashley fight before, god was it intense. Both Ash and Larry were both so unbelievably stubborn and neither of them would budge on why they did what they did. I looked at Todd, his eyebrow raised slightly almost as if he was deep in thought. 

"What's your thinking?" I whisper to Todd, who leans over to me. 

"I think something happened between them..." he whispers back. 

"What... what do you mean?"

"I've seen them fight over the years. Countless times because they're both so hot headed with their beliefs. I haven't seen them go at it like this before. Something definitely happened..."

I felt a weird sensation in the pit of my stomach. Was Todd right? Did something happen between Larry and Ash? I mean, we hadn't seen them both in weeks - I know Larry and Ash had always been particularly close.. was she upset that we haven't really spent time with them since the sleepover? I mean, I completely understand where she would be coming from. Both the boys and I have been so wrapped up in all this bullshit, she probably feels I've completely taken them away from her. Don't get me wrong, Ash and I got on well - but since she admitted she had feelings for Sal, it sort of took a weird turn between us all. Granted, we were all drunk and it was a spur of the moment thing but.. things weren't really the same after that. Somehow, we all seemingly distanced ourselves, occasionally speaking in school and coming together when Sal was in the hospital but honestly, I don't remember the last time I saw them both and that made me feel terrible.