Chapter 54: Sal's Saviour

River's POV:-
I cradled my face for dear life as I began to hear my name screamed from all angles. My dad, Sal, Larry, Ashley and Todd all rushing to my side, placing a hand all over my legs and shoulders trying to console me. I heard my dad's sobs again, hushing me in an attempt to calm me down but all I could focus on was the vicious pain coursing through my skin. The paramedics quickly removed them from me, to allow me space and look over my face and give it the treatment it needed. I mean, it must have been a shock to essentially have a dead girl laying on the floor, not physically showing any signs of injury on her face to then suddenly bleeding excessively. The women desperately tried to get me to remove my hands but as soon as any air tried to lurk it's way in it was unbearable. I knew I had to get it seen to, but imagine having demonic knives slashing your skin and tainting my pure blood. It was a pain that only a movie could describe but even that wasn't even.

I could hear the paramedics asking my dad to come and help me remove my hands but even then I wouldn't budge. He begged me, pleaded with me to remove my hands so the nurses could help me but all I could do was focus on the pain and whimper at the thought of no pressure being applied. I had no idea of the damage but by the amount of blood escaping my face, it must have been deep enough.

"Sir, she really needs to remove her hands, she's losing a lot of blood and this can resort in major damage to the tissue and her eyesight" the male paramedic spoke to my dad who was still pleading with me to remove my hands.

"I'm doing my best. She's just been through trauma, you can only imagine what she's going through!" My dad yelled at him deeply to assert his authority in the room, much like he did in the principals office in Michigan.

"Then we can only suggest one more thing Mr Valentine; either she removes her hands for treatment or unfortunately we have to remove them by force. She is doing an insane amount of harm not allowing us in sooner! We have to do our jobs!"

"LISTEN HERE BUDDY!" My dad removed his hands from me and came away. "MY DAUGHTER WAS DEAD ON THE FLOOR MOMENTS AGO, IF YOU THINK IM GOING TO FORCE HER TO DO SOMETHING AGAINST HER WILL, YOU CAN THINK AGAIN" he roared which shocked me and made my body jolt.

"Mr Valentine..." one of the females interrupted calmly and sweetly. "I do apologise for my insensitive colleague, we understand that this has not been an easy evening..." she paused and took in a large breath. "However, he is right. If your daughter has been caught across her eyes, it could result in potential blindness if she had been cut deep enough. We really need to treat it before it's too late" her voice was incredibly soothing and calmed the whole atmosphere of the room.

"Daddy..." I yelped and stuttered, continuing to sob into my now blood stained hands.

"Oh sweetheart, daddy's here..." I felt his presence back by my side. "The paramedics are right darling, you need to let us see what's happened, we need to get you sorted before you end up losing your sight..."

"But..." I sniffled and tried to speak calmly. "It hurts so so much when the air hits it..."

"We're all here Angel, we promise. The paramedics will get instant pressure on to stop the bleeding... you need to be brave now..." I felt my dad's hand back on my shoulder. "We're both here baby girl..."

I then felt another smaller hand on my other shoulder, I could instantly tell who it was. It was Sal. I turn my body facing what would be Sal's body, I could feel the sadness booming from his soul as he connected with my body. I could tell I was coming back into my system properly as I couldn't feel him moments prior and that broke me to my core. I didn't want him to be projecting this much sadness, so I knew I had to do this for him and my dad. I squinted my brow tightly underneath my hands and felt my body begin to shake, the anxiety and adrenaline now finally coming up to the surface.