Chapter 22: Room 504

Larry's POV:-

I stared at that article for what felt like a lifetime, the energy that it possessed was ridiculous and overwhelming. I felt strange and unusual, like someone was watching me, like I was intruding on a space I shouldn't be. Well, I knew I had broken into this room that had been locked for god knows how long but this felt different. After speaking with the strange man, I was confused. Why would he lead me to investigate Room 504 again, did he want me to go alone? Did he want me to bring Sal and River with me? What did he mean that they could save us all from the darkness? Most importantly, what did he mean that my fate would be different? 

I look down in my hand and decide to read the article for a final time, to make sure I hadn't forgotten anything. My heart broken as I read the words, knowing that someone had murdered these two unfortunate souls. 

BODIES FOUND

Another heartache in Nockfell today as the bodies of a young female and her daughter have been discovered. It has been reported that a phone call from an anonymous source was received around 3:30am this morning to explain there had been a death at the same apartment building mentioned a year prior. Police are yet to capture any suspects regarding the young woman's body that had been discovered a year ago as the investigation reopens. Our representative questioned the Chief of Police regarding the situation and we were surprised to obtain a statement. 

It is with great heartbreak to have discovered the bodies of this young woman and her daughter today. We currently have one major suspect in the case but have yet to captured them. At this point, we can confirm that the young girl's body was found at Nockfell Lake shortly after discovering the body of her Mother at Addison Apartments. After receiving the call, we tried our best to trace the whereabouts but unfortunately the caller used a pre-paid public telephone. After checking our records, the body of the young woman found at Addison Apartments is that of Stacey Holmes. We are doing everything we can at this point to capture our suspect and have all eyes trying to locate them. Please, be vigilant whilst on the streets, do not travel alone and keep your children close by. The suspect may well have left Nockfell but we cannot take any more risks. Our team are working tirelessly to ensure justice is brought to the offender for such a wicked crime. Our prayers are sent to the family of Stacey Holmes and her daughter during such a horrific time. 

And that's how the article ended. A small statement from the now ex chief of police. I assumed they did not include Megan's name to her only being a child but now I was 100% certain that this death had something to do with the article I had found in the living room earlier as well as what is currently happening. Something was eating me up though, why would they have reported on these murders years ago but yet we have not heard anything regarding what happened in Room 403? It was all a bit too weird for my liking but one things for sure... I needed Sal to help me with this case. 

I decide it was best to leave the apartment, the vibe I was getting was growing stronger and making me feel extremely light headed. I close the door to the bedroom, walking back through the living room and ensuring the front door is shut properly. I turn off my flashlight and proceed to text Sal knowing full well he would still be awake. 

Larry: Hey Sal you up?

Sal: Everything ok? Why are you still awake it's gone 11:30? 

Larry: Are you alone? Or are you at River's? 

Sal: I'm back at mine, why?

Larry: I need your help, like now.

Sal: What have you done?

Larry: I like the way the first thing you ask is, what have I done? Haha, your dad asleep?