Chapter 94: Quest for The Prophecy

Sal's POV:-

We guided her home like a long, lost puppy. River was shaking now, the adrenaline finally wearing off and her body succumbing to the shock, tiredness and trauma her mind had been through these past 48 hours. The rain had now ended but we were all absolutely drenched, the quicker we got back to Larry's the better. 

By the time we had got back to the miserable building that we know as our home, we crept back inside and closed the door behind us. None of us spoke throughout the journey, I think we all just needed the bliss of silence. I guided River inside, helping her down the dark stairwell and back into Larry's bedroom. I looked at her, her hair dripping wet down the side of her face but her red, raw skin still radiated so much beauty. 

"I think we need to get you into some warm, dry clothes. Don't you?" I spoke to her quietly which I think she appreciated.

"Y-yeah..." she shuddered. "Been out a while..."

"That we were my little violet eyed beauty. Let me see if I can find you something. Did you pack some spares in your bag?" River nodded and clutched her arms around her tiny waist. I went over, grabbing some more sweatpants and a baggy t-shirt and walked back beside her. "Here, go and put these on. I'll warm you back up in no time.." Again, River nodded and headed towards the bathroom. 

"Damn, I'm fucking drenched!" Larry roared as he started stripping off behind me. "Hey Sal, give me a hand with my top will ya?" 

"You gotta be kidding me?" I laughed. "Can't you take it off yourself!"

"Sal look at me..." I laughed as he was completely mangled between his top and his hair. "Do you really think I can do this myself?!"

"I'm not helping you" I chuckled more which displeased Larry. 

"Sal please!" 

"Ugh fine..." I walked over, yanking at his t-shirt, causing Larry to fall back onto his bed.

"Chuck it in the pile. Damn, I haven't been this wet in ages..."

"Don't wanna know Larry. Don't want to know..."

"Not like that you sicko!" he chuckled back at me, wisping up his long, wet hair into once again his famous man bun. "You need to change too Sally. Can't be sitting there in your wet clothes..."

"Want to help me to?" I laughed and began to take off my top. "See, easy peasy..."

"You're such an ass" Larry laughed and removed his trousers. "Hey, Riv's not back in yet is she?"

"No why?" I turned to him, which was a great mistake as he was now completely nude. "Damn Larry! Why would you do that?!"

"Don't be jealous now Sally, it's not a good look on you!"

"Jealous?! Jealous of what!" 

"You know damn well what you're jealous of!" Larry snorted and went to grab some new boxers from his side drawer. I continued to take off my clothes, chucking them all into the same wet pile that Larry had created. "You know, there's something really freeing about being completely nude and cold from the rain. Like I've been washed off all my sins..."

"Yeah right, there's not enough rainfall to wash away all those sins..." I laughed. 

"I feel like a new man!" 

"A new man needs to put some damn clothes on before..."

"Er, guys?" I heard her speak by the doorway and immediately all the blood rushed to my face. I caught eye contact with her, her bright, violet eyes now wide spread as she had now seen me essentially nude with Larry behind me completely exposed. We all froze in shock as none of us knew exactly what to say.