Chapter 40: The Protector

Larry's POV:-
I had never seen River so confident at defending herself before. From what I've gathered, these carbon copy bitches must have been the girls she tried to speak to Ash about. They were awful, literally had no personality about them besides being complete bitches. I was so glad we didn't really have many people like this in Nockfell, hell it was a small place and most people wanted to just keep to themselves or within their small cliques. None as intense as Stacey and her bots.

I think Sal and I have done a decent job at winding up the fembots now as both of us were crying on the floor at our own stupid playground insults. River was now standing inches away from the "leader's" face, each blink growing more sinister than the last. Before we knew it, Stacey cleanly slapped River so aggressively around the face, the connection echoed throughout the mall. River came tumbling down and hit the floor with a thud. Both Sal and I felt panic, we looked at each other instantly as we faintly heard the girls laughing in the background.

"Nice one Stace!" I presume this one was Laila. "Yeah hit that slut!" The other joined in which had to have been Penny.

"I told you! Don't mention his name!" Stacey roared, her eyes glassing over from being so angry and her skin still glowing a bright shade of crimson.

I looked to River and instantly went to help her up but she quickly brushed me away, giving me a slight nod indicating she was doing this herself. I backed off and stood up next to Sal who also picked up on the message. As River went to stand, the girls were amazed to see her going to continue.

"Like what the fuck?" Laila pouted and frowned her eyebrows. "Why are you getting up?"

"Because you fucking bitch, you three don't own me anymore. You don't get to just shit on people just because they're different! You wouldn't know what being unique was if it hit you round the face!" River lunged at Stacey, grabbing her by her long blonde hair swinging her round like she was a rag doll. The fembots starting screaming in this annoying, high pitch squeal and started to head for Stacey and River. I looked to Sal and he nodded back immediately as we bolted to the girls to stop them for getting to the action. We obviously wouldn't hurt them, that's not our style but even if we held them back long enough someone surely had to break this up. I mean why was no one interfering with this! Where was the adult attention!?

I turn my back slightly to see the girls fully at each other's throats. I hear loud smack sounds and a couple of grunts as the pair completely ripped the shit out of each other.

"You wanna share my business! Fucking take this you skank!" River growled as she threw Stacey on the floor, climbing on top of her and scratching at her face. "You want to know what it feels like to have a scar on your face that you didn't ask for! That you gave me against my will! I'll make sure your life is hell as long as I'm alive for what you've done to me!"

Oh shit! It was Stacey who did this to River! I felt my blood boil under my skin, my eye began to twitch as the words replayed in my brain. I hold back Laila and Penny, Sal giving me a hand too but his mask keeps getting elbowed around. Then I heard a large scream come from behind me. We all immediately stopped and turn around to find River standing over the top of Stacey, her face frozen with fear as she looks down to see a small picture in Stacey's tiny hands. I didn't know what was happening, River was speechless and from an outsiders point of view, it seems Stacey had her right where she wanted her.

We all watched as Stacey began to stand, brushing herself down and walking over to River.

"I win you bitch" she snarled and cackled like a true witch.

River stood there, completely defeated as Stacey began to put the picture into the tiny pocket of her pink blazer. But that's when things began to change, we started seeing a glow, a glow that we hadn't seen before. It was dark, eerie and shone a deep shade of black. The Mall lights began to flicker and Stacey's face began to drop as she looked above her. We heard adults leaving the mall, but we couldn't see clearly as the lights continued to dull.