Chapter 29: Forbidden Crush

Larry's POV:-
Find Megan and ask about my dad? What on earth would a child know about my dad?! Countless questions rushed around my brain, my temples pulsing under my skin due to the pressure in my skull.

"Larry? Everything alright in there?" I hear mom calling from the other side of the door.

"Uh, yeah. I'll be out in a second..." I cough and wipe my mouth from the residue of the sick. I reach under the cabinet, pulling out my toothbrush, adding some paste and vicious brushing away the disgusting taste in my mouth.

I try and straight myself out, I knew mom always saw me looking like a slob but I had to try and keep my cool. I took in a deep breath and walked towards the door. I slowly reached for the door knob, turning it to the left to open and leave. Mom was waiting there as expected. I mean the woman just heard me vomiting everywhere; naturally she's going to be worried.

"Larry? What happened in there?" She crosses her arms with a concerned look on her face.

"Oh nothing, must have been that left over pizza I had last night..." I shrug, trying to play it cool.

"Oh Larry what have I told you about eating old food that's not been in the refrigerator!"

"Sorry mom, I know..." yes I'd managed to get away with it.

"Are you sure you're alright to go to school today? I don't want you making yourself worse..." she brushes my hair out of my face.

"Yeah I'm all good. Seriously. I need to get ready to go and meet the others. That ok?" I smile weakly.

"Of course hun, make sure you say goodbye before you go!" She smiles and places a peck on my cheek.

I squirm and shrug her off, making gagging noises which instantly amuses her. Mom always tried to do things like this, like I was still 4 and not 17 years old. I chuckle as I go to my room, attempting to create the facade that I was ok, when deep down what just happened in the bathroom really spooked me. I don't often speak about my dad, all I know is one night I was heading to bed with two smiling parents and the next day he was gone. No explanation, no note, nothing. It broke my heart seeing mom in so much pain, she loved him with everything she had. I did too. It had been years, no contact from him in the slightest. Part of me desperately wanted to resent him for leaving us but I always had a gut feeling that it wasn't on his own accord. Something always told me that dad was forced to leave us, I mean why else would he leave his wife and child when he showed us nothing but love?

I quickly got ready, putting my long hair up in a high ponytail. I didn't really do this, but I needed it off my face after what just happened. I was so hot and sweaty since experiencing the strange man in my bathroom, constantly needing to dab my forehead and avoid shining like the sun.

I put on one of my famous Sainty falls shirts, accompanied with a long sleeve top underneath and some black ripped jeans. I decided to wear a pair of simple vans today, I couldn't be bothered with lacing up a pair of my punk boots. I check in the mirror once more, somewhat happy with my appearance and checked my phone.

Hey dude, no Sal again today. Really isn't feeling too good. Just you and me again. I'll meet you in 10?

River's name flashed on my phone, I couldn't help but smile as I read her message. Naturally, I was really concerned about Sal, I knew when he had nightmares like this it could disrupt him for days, leaving me to head to school alone most of the time. However, having my other best friend in the building made me so happy. Of course, Ash and Todd were my closest friends, I'd known them the longest out of everyone but there was something about River and Sal. Something that brought them to me and made us friends.