Special [ 3 ]

Special [ 3 ]

⊱ ────── { ⌘ } ────── ⊰

This chapter doesn't follow or affect the storyline

⊱ ────── { ⌘ } ────── ⊰

17 years old Eustass Kid

"Kaa-san, my professor wanted you to sign this shit." Kid casually walked into your office, his hand raising a piece of paper.

The teenager is about to graduate high school. That's why it's been quite chaotic at his academy, given how the teachers are all guiding their students for college. While those who don't want to spend their 4-5 years earning a degree have been assigned to other staff members who will help them find a temporary job. Fortunately for you, the institution that Kid is enrolled in knows how to handle this kind of stuff.

Honestly, it was a relief on your part since the school is absolutely doing its best to prepare the students for adulting. The teachers also had the habit of emailing you in case a problem does arise. Moreover, they are an open-minded bunch who never really did question why your son always tends to skip classes -courtesy of you two wanting to hang out even if it was an exam week.

Most of the devil spawns also study there so Kid doesn't get too lonely, though, he always ranted how he wants to transfer schools because the brats kept on bothering him. Still, he never did proceed with the switch even if you were fine with it.

Now, everyone is all grown up, ready to leave the nest if they ever want to.

You have had this conversation with Kid long before and it would always end with him wanting to go on a vacation with you. That's when you noticed just how tough it is for him to be constantly reminded that he needs to grow up -so do the same for the rest of the rascals.

If you are able to stay a child for the rest of your life, never worrying about bills to pay, responsibilities, or work, then maybe you would like to choose that route. However, at some point in our life, we'll realize just how unrealistic it is. That is something you and the other adults soon came to terms with.

Hence, reunion and bonding time with friends is always something to look forward to.

Kid leaned onto the desk, glancing at all the papers you were reading through just before he walked in. Your work table is a mix of what you call a mess and practicality. Everything is all over the place but at the same time, you knew exactly where each document is located. A perk you soon learned being in the business or any office work at that matter.

Before, the redhead interrogated you a few times about how your job works, especially in handling multiple franchises and companies. Then came the 2 hour-long discussion -rant- about the business industry. Kid wasn't truly interested in that field, however, when he learned a few things from you, he founds himself just watching or asking along as you work.

It doesn't bother you in the slightest which the lad was thrilled about. Since if it was him, he would prefer no one chatting with him whenever he creates something. Still, you were always enthusiastic in answering every question he has in the simplest manner that you can.

The notion of Kid joining the business industry is too much of a stretch on your part since you grasp firsthand just how passionate the teen is in building and construction. Hence, you weren't at all surprised when the course listed on his degree choice is mechanical engineering. It was perfect for him, not gonna lie.