Chapter 9

Chapter 9 - Arranging
»»--⍟--««

You glanced at the kid to see him awake already. You sweatdropped when you notice him just staring at you. Not even faltering when he saw you looking at him.

This kid...

"We're gonna eat some lunch, kid." You mutter as you continue with your driving.

Again, you were met with silence. It really is starting to concern you. As far as you know, 3 years old should be able to at least say some gibberish by now. Wait.... is the kid even 3 years old??? He looks like it... But then again, you don't know how big a kid should be at a certain age.

Whatever. You'll be bringing him to the doctor this week anyway. Speaking of... do you know anyone who's a pediatrician??? Fuck.

You grumbled at the number of things you need to research again because of your stupidity. Why weren't you blessed with good parenting skills??

The kid just tilted his head when he heard you grumbling at yourself. You were different. Much more different than the other adults that he has seen in the orphanage. You were loud when needed but quiet when not. You also love talking to yourself. He noticed that when both of you were shopping. You mutter to yourself when choosing among which pancake mix tasted better when cooked. You grumbled to yourself when you saw your favorite ramen rose in price. It was amusing to the kid that's why he decided to continue staring at you, so he can find out more about you. You were just so different.

You hummed when you're favorite sushi place came into view. You could practically taste the rice in your mouth. You grinned at yourself when you found the perfect parking spot.

You stared at the kid. He stared back. Shit. CAN A KID DIGEST FUCKING SUSHI?!?!

Okay. You didn't think this through. YOU'RE SUCH A DUMBASS, WHAT THE FUCK?! MAYBE THIS IS WHY THE OTHERS ARE SO AGAINST YOU ADOPTING A KID.

Rubbing your hands on your face, you decided on just asking the chefs there. You know them anyway. You scooped the kid up to your arms and slinging your bag on your shoulder. You didn't say anything when you felt the kid rest his head on the crook of your neck.

Stepping inside, you smirked when you see a lot of people. This place is quite famous because they make such delicious sushi.

"Y/N, back so soon??" Josh, one of the waiters, grinned at you.

You smiled back at him, "Damn right I am."

He chuckled before proceeding to lead you to one of the tables. This restaurant is one of those with conveyor belts. It was fun for you while you also have privacy when eating.

"Oh yeah, Josh. Can kids digest sushi?" You asked nonchalantly while you settle down, the kid still in your arms.

He gaped at you. Finally noticing the kid who is hiding in your arms. "Wha- what?"

"Yeah, I know. Stupid question, am I right?" You scratch your cheek, feeling embarrassed at yourself.

Josh laughed at you, he pointed at the kid, then back at you. He can't believe the Y/N he knows- the one who comes visit almost every week because of your unhealthy addiction to sushi, the one who gets irritated and childish when you have to patiently wait for a seat- adopted a child. "You-you pffttt HAHAHHAHAHA!"

You grumbled at him, trying to hide your flushed cheeks. You didn't say anything as he continued to laugh his ass off.

Stupid idiot.

Instead, you glanced down at the kid. He tugged the collar of your shirt to grab your attention. The kid looked at you with a confused and slightly scared expression, glancing back and forth at Josh and you.