Chapter 24

Chapter 24 - Dark King
»»——⍟——««

"Rayleigh, the outskirts of Sabaody is getting kinda rowdy." A woman muttered, puffing on a cigarette butt.

"Yeah... I have been hearing rumors of a rising assassin staying around that place."

"Eh? But isn't there a government headquarter near that area" Another fellow questioned, glancing at the two as he tries to whip up a new batch of his cooking.

"They must either be stupid or strong."

"Hmm..."

"Are you going to check, Rayleigh-san?"

"Nah..."

-----

"Another drink, Hime-chan?"

"Yes please, thank you." You gave out a strained smile, a bit irked at how everything is occurring. Kid is resting on your arms, blinking owlishly at the woman on the other side of the counter.

Shakky winked at your son, her cigarettes left out on the far corner of the table since you politely pointed out that you don't allow smoking near the toddler. Of course, Shakky didn't mind one bit, simply smiling at your concern for the little redhead's wellbeing.

A calm atmosphere surrounds the area, a bit of nostalgia enveloping you as you quietly eyed the place. It was already 10 in the morning. You and your son arrived here early -7 am to be exact- so that you could leave as soon as Kid met the old man. Too bad for you since the dark king wasn't here at the moment. Moreover, you were told that he hasn't shown himself for the past month...

You're not even sure if he's gonna arrive any time soon.

-- A couple of hours ago --

You glared at the front door, your hand clutched onto the knob as you think of what to say once you face them. It won't be surprising if they already felt your presence, and for sure, they have been informed about you adopting a son. 

It's hard to hide anything from those two. Especially when your top employees respect them.

Amber eyes lazily eyed your nervous hands before glancing up to meet your gaze. However, you were too focused on staring that your son has to pat your cheeks for you to look at him. The lad has noticed how you have gotten rather fidgety during the ride. He didn't quite understand what was happening, merely thinking that this is another venture to some unknown land.

Your son feels rather useless with not knowing what to do, he can't stomach seeing you look like this. Unconsciously, Kid promptly raised his robot toy, presenting it to you. The lad held the robot's hand as he leaned forward, making the trinket lightly boop your nose. 

"..."

What the...???

That was...

SO FUCKING CUTE

 The toddler soon went back to cuddling onto your arms, a bit disappointed and embarrassed because that was the only thing he can do to comfort you. You just stood there, gaping at the ~kawaii~ action while trying to stop yourself from having a nosebleed.