Chapter 41

Chapter 41 - Strangers in the park
»»——⍟——««

Kid huffed, pulling his jacket closer to his frame. It is still quite cold this month, even with summer closely approaching. 

The boy is all alone today since you have tons of work to accomplish. It wasn't anything new to your son, and he isn't at all bothered. Kid actually felt a bit sorry because he was the one who asked for a two-week vacation with you -which you excitedly agreed on. You meant to take a break anyway, and because of that request, you were left with piles and piles of paperwork that need fulfilling once the both of you got back.

It was entertaining leisure. You didn't regret renting a whole ass island which you and Kid spent the time looking for some 'buried treasure.' Your employees surely had fun burying and placing clues around the area since you noticed a few marks here and there. 

Amber eyes swiveled around the road as he waits for the light to turn green. The park is just in front of him, and there are little to no humans on display because of the cold temperature. While you are signing documents at your home office, Kid managed to ask permission to go out -and of course, you were okay with it

The redhead could feel his dagger resting by his pockets, ready to be whipped out and used at any moment. Not like he'll have any need for it, though. 

"Monkey bars." Kid murmured before running up to the vacant spot. His legs just about tripped as he reached the bottom.

Your son is now seven years old, standing at 4 feet and 3 inches. The boy is unmistakably tall for his age, but most people around him have weird height differences. One can stand as tall as 6 ft, and then there's suddenly a 9 ft titan rounding a corner. And there you are... just existing.

Kid definitely received comments saying that he'll be as tall as Katakuri when he grows up. You hope as hell not, but if that ever becomes the case, your son would have no trouble cleaning the ceiling.

Flaming red hair tousled in the air as the wind grazes through it. The child didn't give it much care as he runs around the playground. There are no other youngsters on sight, so he'll have his fun even by his lonesome. From accelerating down every slide and scaling through the mini wall climbing stuff, Kid finished everything with a proud smirk. 

If this were five years prior, the boy would be miserable at himself for being lonely. But now, spending time with you has made him appreciate peace and quiet -a preference he gladly acquired from you. 

Kid dusted off the sand that stuck to his clothes. He could feel a few bruises emerging from his pale skin because of the physical activity—nothing of danger to him. The pain made him feel alive. 

"I'll have to ask mom to patch me up." The fellow muttered, jumping down from the swing as his stomach growled just in time. He proceeds to stroll to the deeper part of the park, minding his own business. "I'm thirsty... and hungry."

There is a small section in the park that is filled with stalls and benches. It is near a lake, so most of the lovey-dovey couples are there as well as families wanting to have a picnic. But right now, Kid would be lucky if there is at least one hotdog stand. 

"Good morning!" A lady greeted as she jogs with her dog. She frequently sees the child during her morning walk. Most of the time, it's you and your son taking a stroll for fresh air. Either way, the boy is constantly stuck to his mother.