Chapter 21

Chapter 21 - Brat
»»--⍟--««

"WHERE IS THAT BRAT?!" You shrieked once you managed to finally climb up the awful slide.

You have a scary scowl etched on your face as you run to the direction where you last saw the lad with your son. You continued to maneuver your way around the tunnel system, trying to catch even a glimpse of fiery red hair. Although, that appears to be rather difficult to do since the boy had a head start.

Who knew climbing up a damn slide would take that long?

As the minutes passed without seeing the two, your panic and anger started to accumulate. Thought of going to Thatch and making the staff help you have even crossed your mind. But then, that would be a fucking embarrassing scene. And you will definitely not live it down, that bastard would most probably tell the whole world about it. Also, you don't want to cause too much of a ruckus.

You'd catch that child on your own or you'll damn die trying.

When you see that brat, you're gonna reap him a new fucking ear. Who even taught a child to kidnap a kid?! Like... what the fuck?!

"Hey! You're so slow!!"

"Oh for fuck's sake, get back here you piece of-!!" You growled when the boy decided to present himself to you. As much as you were happy to catch a bit of Kid, it still annoyed you so much to see the brat looking so smug. He was confident that you wouldn't be able to catch him.

"Kid! Are you okay?!"

That was a stupid move Y/N. Did you really expect your son to reply? The fuck.

You bit your lip when you saw the little redhead peering back at you with tears in his eyes. Your son was still reaching out to you and your heart aches to see him like that. For sure, he won't be letting you go anytime soon once you get him back. And that is totally fine with you.

"Shit." You growled. Your hand carefully clutched onto your pockets, feeling the cold metal that was placed inside. You don't want to use something like that to a child but if he continues to run away, you won't have any choice but to use force.

A conflicted expression appeared on your face as you eyed the brat, he was holding your son rather gently but he did still take Kid from you. You clicked your tongue before halting onto your step.

The boy seemed to notice that you weren't following him anymore, making him stop as well. He peered at you in confusion, slightly turning your son away from your form.

"Why did you stop? You tired already?" The child mocked, smirking at you. Your eyebrows twitched at the face before gesturing towards Kid.

"Give him back, brat." You demanded. A bit more lenient as to not aggravate him to run off once again.

"No. I want to play."

Tsk. Spoiled piece of sh-

"Well, I don't want to play anymore. Give him back. Now." You snarled, staring at him with piercing eyes.

The lad shivered a bit at your gaze, making him take a small step back. He observed your figure behind his long hair before peeking at the toddler that he was holding onto. The redhead looked absolutely frightened by him, attempting to get out of his grip. You were seething when you noted the tears that were starting to drip down your son's cheek.