Chapter 18

Chapter 18 - Night venture
»»——⍟——««

You hummed a soft melody as you put on a plain white sweatshirt to match your son's outfit.

It is 6 pm by now, thus the morning stores are closing and being replaced by the bright stalls. One of your favorite things to do in Sabaody is to take a night walk around the place. Especially with how the lights seem to illuminate the roads.

Though, if you're not careful, it could become a deadly evening stroll as well.

Since a lot of delicacies are being sold during this time, you decided that instead of eating in the hotel, the two of you would be dining outside. Also because you want Kid to see the beauty of a late-night walk.

The peaceful one, hopefully.

"Are you ready, Kid?"

The little redhead only tilted his head in response. Much more focused on trying to bury himself on the small baggy hoodie that you dressed him in. It was warm, comfy, and most of all, it has your scent lingering on it. Kid wanted nothing more than to just doze off while wearing the outfit. However, the rumbling of his tiny stomach wasn't helping him.

You giggled before carefully carrying your son in your arm, while your free hand is grasping your chosen bag for the evening. It has everything you could possibly need during the trek.

Sippy cup. Tissues. Diaper. First aid kit.

Oddly enough, one thing you noticed that you have never needed is a pacifier. When you researched about things that a parent would need, an important item is a pacifier. The article said it momentarily stops a child from crying or whining too much.

Although, since your son doesn't really do tantrums, he doesn't particularly need it.

You didn't know if that was supposed to be a blessing.

After making sure that your phone and wallet were also on you, you proceed out of the room.

You and Kid were quick to arrive in the lobby area. The workers, most especially the guards, veered their attention towards both of you. You also caught the other guests' eyes, however, you didn't think too much of it.

Sebastian hurried towards your side. Smiling ear to ear in anticipation.

You sweatdropped a bit at his excited expression, knowing all too well that the man is eager to finally leave this place.

Everyone went back to their job once they notice the beaming manager by your side. Realizing that he would be the one to keep you company for the night.

Kid whimpered onto your chest again. The sight of the stranger making him agitated. The toddler doesn't particularly know how to comprehend that grin. It was creepy and weird.

You patted your son's back while also pulling him closer to your figure. That was the only thing you could do to comfort him since Sebastian won't be staying by your side throughout the stroll anyways.

"Let's go." You nod towards your trusted employee and proceeded to walk out of the building.

In the corner of your eyes, you could catch the paparazzi trying to make themselves unnoticeable while taking pictures of you and your son. You grumbled before ignoring them, knowing that they would not fully approach you after that show awhile ago.

Kid whipped his head back and forth as he gapes at all the colorful gleams scattered around. The little redhead was feeling giddy because of all the unfamiliar stuff.