Chapter 1

Chapter 1 - Luffy the little rascal

»»——⍟——««

"Y/N! Where are you???" You heard Shanks shout at the other end of the call.

"At home. Where else would I be?" You sighed.

You don't know why he sounds so desperate for help, as far as you know, there isn't a fight planned today.

"Come here!!" He growled, frustrated with whatever is happening over there.

"Why?" You mumble as you continue to watch some cartoons while eating some cake.

"Well... --That's not good for you Luffy-- ...I need your help in... --Luffy, stop crying please, here, I give it back-- ...As I was saying, I need your help in taking care of Luffy." He explained as you heard a few sniffles at the other end.

"No." You answered without any hesitation.

"Please Y/N! Just until I could finish some paperwork!!" Shanks pleaded and you could tell he was on the verge of crying. "I'll treat you to some cake!!"

"Still, no." Why would you take care of a kid?? Not your style.

"I'll buy you a month's supply of cake and chocolates!! Just please help me!!"

'Well... If there's food in exchange... I might as well do it. Don't want to waste the free treat. And I'm pretty sure taking care of this Luffy kid won't be that bad.' You thought.

"Fine. When would I get the cak--"

"Thank you!!! You're a lifesaver! Get here ASAP!!"

"Shanks? Shanks?!" You grumbled profanity under your breath. That idiot didn't even let you finish your answer.

Tch, no time to waste, better get ready. Now... what should you wear?

-----

You stood in front of Shanks' house before you could even knock, the door suddenly slammed open.

"Y/N!! There you are! Come in." Shanks practically dragged you inside.

"Where's the kid?" You sighed as you saw the miserable state his in. "And can't you take a bath? You smell like shit."

"Sorry, sorry. Luffy's been keeping me busy so I didn't have the chance to take a bath." Shanks explained as he prepares some snacks. "Luffy's at his room. The second floor, third room at the right. Why don't you go get him while I take a quick shower?"

"Sure, I'm fine with that." You shrugged before proceeding to go upstairs.

Once you were in front of Luffy's room, you saw the kid instantly. He was playing in the bed with a tanuki toy.

You casually strolled inside and you noticed how dirty the room is. The floor is a mess, toys are scattered on the floor and there are scraps of paper as well. The walls have drawings and markings in it and the bed was not made but at least it was decent.

You sighed before walking over to the little rascal who has finally noticed you. He blinked at you with his head tilted to the side.

'This kid is adorable ~ But from what I can tell, He's very playful.' You grin at his cuteness

"Hey there little rascal." You smiled at him "I'm Y/N, Shanks asked me to take care of you."

"'anks?" (Shanks?) He let go of his toy and stared at you.

"He's taking a shower right now. You'll see him later, but for now, what do you want to do?" You sat on the bed so that you can see him closer.

He turned towards you before handing you his toy. He giggled before clapping his hand. "Pay! Pay!" (Play! Play!)