Chapter 10

Chapter 10 - 3rd day with the kid
»»——⍟——««

You yawned to yourself as you prepare some breakfast for the both of you. 

The kid is sitting at the countertop as he plays with one of his toys. By now, you realized that the kid is a morning person. He was already up and playing with his toys when you woke up. 

You're not sure how a kid like him got that habit but if you have to guess, he probably got it from the orphanage. Although he wakes up early, he still gets tired easily, prompting him to sleep in the middle of the day.

Yup, you noticed that from the 3 days that you adopted him. 

You're not really a big fan of the kid's waking up early habit since you love to sleep till noon,  but you can adapt to it.

Grabbing the pan, you proceed to place the eggs on a plate. Since you don't really know what the kid can digest as of now, you decided on letting him eat soft foods that don't need to be chewed that well. You don't want him to fucking choke.

You walked over to the kid and placed the plate on the table. He looked at it before dropping his toy and making his way over to you. You patted his head as you grabbed a spoon so you can feed him.

The kid happily let you as he lean on your arm. You smiled at his action, wiping a tissue on his mouth to clean up the crumbs.

The kid had been rather affectionate since the day you adopted him. He is attached to you by now, and you were okay with it. You would be lying if you didn't say that you're also starting to like the company.

You like your peace and quiet, and they say that having a kid would surely break that but the one you adopted is oddly quiet. It's fine, but you do want to know why he's not babbling at least some incoherent baby language.

That's when you remember to find a pediatrician for the kid. Sighing at yourself, you finished feeding the kid. You carried him back to his playroom, carefully placing him down on the bed. You ruffled his hair as you sat down as well.

You are really thanking yourself for not removing the bed.

The kid rests his head on your thighs as he fiddled with his toys. You absentmindedly played with his hair as you proceed to scroll through your contacts. The kid continued on with his playing as he leaned onto your touch. Something he always does when you hold him.

Finding the right number, you instantly pressed call as you placed your phone on loudspeaker.

"Hey Y/N! Good morning! Didn't expect to see you awake so early!"

You groaned at the loud voice you instantly heard once the call was picked up. The kid stopped with his playing as he gazed at the phone in your hands, listening in as well.

"Good fucking morning..." You replied bored as you try to stop the yawn from coming out of your lips.

"Dahahaha! Still sleepy, I see! What can I do for you?"

"Have you taken Luffy to a pediatrician yet?" You muttered as you glanced at the kid.

"Hmm?? Uh, yeah! Why?" Shanks replied as you hear something fall from his part of the line.

"I just want to ask-"

"Luffy, get down from there!"

"-who the pediatrician is?"

"Oh! Just a sec, - Luffy! -" You hear Shanks growling from the other side of the call. You felt your lips tilt up a bit when you hear the familiar ruckus.