Chapter 25

Chapter 25 - Once a month
»»——⍟——««

"What's your name?" A man questioned, gently wiping away the blood dripping from the child's face.

The little girl tilted her head, sharp eyes staring right at his form. It was as if every part of him was being revealed to her.

After a while, the girl shook her head. Her gritty hair lays flat, wet from the rain while still dyed a bit of crimson.

"Name? I don't have one." She said, deciding that the man was worthy of a reply. He glanced around for a second, discerning if someone was eavesdropping on their conversation.

'Such a young child...'

"Then, what do you want me to call you?" The man eventually spoke, smiling at her as he tried to ignore the multiple bodies scattered around them both.

These people are dying by the second, and from their spilled guts and ripped tendons, it's pretty obvious that they're not gonna live any much longer.

"Hmmm... Princess! Call me princess." The girl grinned, not bothered one bit by the ghastly scene.

"Hime-chan huh... why that?"

"Adults always say that princesses are loved and cared for. I want to be liked that as well!"

An innocent grin. A pure heart yet unknowingly tainted as well. How can a child possess such innocence and still be able to do these things...

Survival

'Oh...'

"...Your wish is my command, hime-chan."

-----

"So you actually adopted him? Not a product made from yours and akagami's l-"

"No!!! Sheesh, why would you even think that?!" You growled, wiping your face with both hands to try and calm yourself.

"Well... red hair isn't that common you know." Rayleigh defended, a smile present on him as he observed your son. The young lad was quick to lean onto your form once he felt your warmth. Like an instinct of a chick to stay close to his mother hen.

You soon planted a hand on top of the toddler's head, softly brushing through his unique locks. A lot of your friends have been messaging you the first week of your adoption. They have also been questioning whether you truly did adopt Kid or you have been hiding your pregnancy from everyone.

Which is absolutely horrific since how would you even hide a pregnancy in the first place? Your change of stature would have been noticed instantly.

"Well, I guess that's better than Shanks being his father..."

"And why is that?" You frowned, taking a quick peek at the old man before turning back to focus on your son. From the looks of it, he would be waking up soon.

"Because I'd hunt him for not asking your hand for marriage first." Rayleigh started with the familiar smile on his face. He has always had such expression, and it was both comforting and frightening; depending on the given circumstances.