Chapter 23

Chapter 23 - Go around
»»——⍟——««

Kid glanced around the dimmed room. The two of you have arrived back at the hotel, ate dinner, and passed out soon after. And now, the redhead is completely awake while you were still snoring on the bed. After all, it was still 5 in the morning.

The toddler would have gone back to sleep but he has rested too much already that he can't help but feel energized. Whipping his head across the area, his eyes caught the pile of toys that was gifted to him. It was stationed on the other side of the room.

Kid tilted his head before crawling towards the edge of the mattress, thinking of a way to get down. Although, as soon as he saw how high it was, the boy hastily crawled back to your form. A frown appearing on his face as he contemplated what he would do.

Unconsciously, your hand raised to pat the spot beside you, gently touching your son's arm. A satisfied hum echoed out of your lips before getting lost to dreamland once more.

Kid stared down, observing the hand that was carefully holding onto him. It almost felt like a reminder of some sort, to take note that the toddler was still beside you.

A smile formed onto his face, beaming as the young lad proceed to cuddle onto your form. Instead of playing around, the redhead would rather stay by your side.

Sleeping is much better anyway...

-----

A yawn left your lips as you slowly opened your eyes. The sunlight completely passed through the transparent walls that weren't covered by the curtains. You grumbled a bit before turning to look at your son.

It took you a few seconds to realize that Kid was awake while squished into you. He is merely brushing through your hair since some of the locks were scattered around him. Your eyes softened at the sight before taking a quick glimpse at the clock. 6 am.

Your son must have woken up about an hour ago. It wasn't as surprising because you know firsthand that the toddler's body clock wasn't developed as of yet. Hence why the sudden quick naps and irregular wake up calls.

"Good morning, Kid." You softly murmured, brushing through his messy hair as you proceed to stand up. Your son merely leaned onto your figure while you carry the redhead towards the bathroom.

Today is the last day of the trip. After this, you are both off to visit the old man. You're actually not too sure what to do for this morning. You first planned on going to Sabaody Park but then it might be too crowded for your son's liking.

Well, there is a good spot around the park which tends to not have many visitors. The two of you can stay in that area since you are acquainted with the owners of the stalls. Though, it would be fun if we could get in some of the rides.

Now that you think about it... Which rides would even allow a child that is around your son's age? Yep, you didn't think this through.

You don't particularly like carousels since going around while riding a horse just sounds stupid to you. Also, you tend to get dizzy as soon as it starts.

Vikings? Nope.

Roller Coaster? Hell no.

Horror house? Hmm... that could work.

Mirror world? That could be fine as well.