Chapter 13

Chapter 13 - Shanks
»»--⍟--««

You continued to gape at your son but the second you hear him whimpering you quickly got up and gently pulled him to your chest.

"Kid... What's wrong?" You whispered as you brush your son's hair.

He didn't say anything as he buries his face on the crook of your neck. You sighed as you tried your best to calm him down.

One look was enough for Shanks, he quietly stood up and start placing the plates and utensils over to the dishwasher.

You hummed a soft lullaby as you felt your son shivering again. Kid continued to whimper and clutch onto you like you're suddenly gonna disappear.

"There, there. I won't leave you, Kid." You whispered again as to soothe your son.

Shanks pointed towards the living room as he also carried Luffy and started to walk over to the couch.

You slowly stood up and followed them, still humming a tune so that your son would relax.

Once you were seated on the couch beside Shanks, Kid has already calmed down a bit. Although, he wouldn't let go of you.

"Hm... So your son can control utensils?" Shanks mumbled a bit as he observed your son.

You sweatdropped a bit at his guess but couldn't disagree with it since that was what you saw a while ago in the kitchen.

"I guess so..." You whispered back as Kid rest his head onto your stomach, probably feeling tired from the sudden use of his powers.

Shanks just snickered as he played with his son. Luffy was awfully quiet once he saw your son crying. He was just staring in confusion at the scene, seeming to not be bothered that he was hit by utensils a couple of minutes ago.

"K-Kif?" (K-Kid?) Luffy pouted as he crawled over to your form.

You almost wanted to coo at the cuteness. Guess your son would have a friend from now on.

Shanks wasn't able to stop himself as he took out his phone and videotaped everything once again. You facepalmed as you watch the redhead acting like a fangirl that was witnessing her idol.

You didn't know if it would be safe to let Luffy hold onto Kid but when you saw your son relaxed on your grip, you guessed that it would be fine.

You quietly hummed as you placed Kid down on the couch, letting Luffy hug him.

You smiled as you watch the occurrence. Your son was tense from the sudden affection but nonetheless, he didn't attempt to move.

"Our sons would be the best of friends!!" Shanks cheered as he stared at his phone.

"I doubt that." You sighed.

Kid is feeling calm now and it seems that he has mellowed to Luffy. But you're not sure if he's just used to all the hugging by now.

You ruffled both their heads as you carefully placed them down on the mat. The kid quickly held into your feet as he looked up at you.

You didn't know what to do so you just gave him a grin and a thumbs up.