The Darkness Comes...

Aly's POV:

I was woken up by the sound of things falling, followed by uncomfortable groans. It was still early in the morning, and I was exhausted after staying up so late. But whoever was making that noise wasn't going to let up. So I groggily got out of bed, and headed to the noise.

It was coming from the gaming room. I walked in, to find Jay and Kai unpacking, rather badly. "No jay my left not yours." Kai told him, trying to not get his toes squished by a large bookcase they were moving.

"Do you guys really have to do that now? You had all night for that." I spoke up, rubbing my eyes. "Well look who woke up on the wrong side of the bed." Kai sighed, setting down the bookcase in the corner.

"Yeah, where were you last night?" Jay asked. "You didn't come back after looking for Zane." It took me a minute to process, but then I remembered what happened. "Uh, could I tell you...later? Once I've woken up." The two nodded, and made a start on unpacking games and various other objects from moving boxes, setting them neatly in the bookcase.

"Well I'm going to grab some pastries, you guys want some?" I asked them. "Oh, yes please." Kai responded. "Yes, the chocolate ones." Jay exclaimed, excited. I soon went to the kitchen, and warmed up the pastries. When I returned, I found the other guys sat on the sofa, chatting amongst themselves.

"Morning, guys." I said to them, handing Kai and Jay their breakfast. They responded, and continued to chat together, until Lloyd got a call. He answered it and spoke for a while, then hung up.

"What is it?" Cole asked him. "My father, wants to see me at Kryptarium. He didn't specify why though, only that it was urgent." Lloyd told us, heading for the door. "Okay, just be careful." I called out to him. "It's my father..." Lloyd sighed. "...You can never be careful."

We all gave each other a worried look, before Master Wu came in and joined us. "We have a letter, from the Mayor." He handed Zane the letter, and he read it out loud...

'Dear Ninja,

We humbly request your presence at the docs at 10:30,

The Mayor has presented you all with a gift in exchange for your hard work around the city

We hope to see you there.

Kind regards,

The Commissioner.'

We all looked at each other in surprise. We didn't know how to react. That's when Cole checked the time. "Crap. If we're gonna to make it on time, we have to leave now." He urged us, bolting for the door. "We've got 10 minutes to get there, c'mon."

We all jumped up and ran after Cole, but Jay stayed back. "Uh, Aly, Kai? Could you two stay? I kind of...need help with something." He asked us, nervously. Kai and I looked at each other, puzzled as to what Jay could need help with.

"Yeah, sure buddy." Kai told him, heading back to the couch. "You guys have fun!" I shouted to Cole and Zane, as they rushed out the gate and into the Earth Driller.

"So, what do you need help with, Jay?" I asked him. He walked over to the door, checking that no one was nearby before closing it and turning back to us. "I want to ask Nya something. Something, really important."

Kai's expression turned slightly sour at the mention of his sister, but it soon faded after remembering what the two had together. "What are you gonna ask her?" Kai wondered. "Okay, but before I tell you...Aly, can you explain why you didn't come back to the Monastery last night? It's really bothering me." Jay asked, clearly bothered.