Riddle of the Sphinx...

3rd Person POV:

The Monastery of Spinjitzu:

In the Monastery, Kai was busy training with Ray, but he couldn't find him. Kai stayed hidden in case of a sneak attack when his father did just that. Ray jumped at him from the roof, but his son's reflexes were sharp, and he was able to fight and kick back his father.

"How was that? Your old man still--still has some moves." Ray smiled, struggling to catch his breath. "Real great, Dad. But we're just sparring for Master Wu's little research project, so, don't hurt yourself, okay?" Kai asked, just as Wu made his presence known. He had been standing on top of the dragon statue in the courtyard, keeping watch.

"It's a valuable opportunity, to study the effect of elemental powers on a former master. But, sparring isn't what I had in mind." Wu sighed, before being hit with an idea. "Uh, Kai, would you kindly direct a burst of fire at Ray?"

Kai's head shot to his fathers, who seemed unsure. "Uh, what now?" Kai sheepishly smiled, lifting up his hand and engulfing it in a flame. Ray quickly ran away, screaming, making Kai look up at master Wu with a smile.

The old man chuckled, just as Cole came running outside. "MASTER WU!" "What is it, Cole?" Wu asked. "Nya and the others are back at the Island of the Keepers. The Storm Amulet's at the Explorers Club!" He told him, making both Wu and Kai gasp.

"The Explorers Club? How is that possible?" Wu questioned, jumping down to the two boys. "Who would possibly be foolish enough to do that?" Kai wondered, clearly not thinking about the most obvious candidate.

The Explorers Club:

At the Explorers Club, Clutch Powers was presenting a new and intriguing artefact to his fellow club members. "I, Clutch Powers, am proud to present to you, the fabled Storm Amulet of Wojira! Which I am generously donating to the club's permanent collection along with these images of the expedition." He announced, setting the glowing Amulet on a pedestal before loading up a projector.

Images started showing of drawings based on the Ninjas Island adventure, accept they had been altered and weren't accurate to what actually happened. "Why are these slides so...cartoonish?" A man asked.

"What? Oh, you mean why are they detailed illustrations instead of photographs? Well, that is due to the, uh, loss of my camera, which fell overboard during our daring escape." Clutch lied, and the club members seemed to accept his reasoning.

"A reasonable explanation. Continue." Another man spoke, letting Clutch continue his lies. He turned to the next slide, which shows the Ninja tied up while Clutch defended them from a large dragon coming from the water.

"Oh, now this image depicts me single-handedly conquering a beast of the sea, while my fearful companions were rendered helpless." He told them, and they applauded. "Ah, yes, jolly good show." "Oh, I dare say. This sojourn might qualify you for thee coveted explorer of the year reward." A member suggested, making Clutch pretend he didn't know of such a thing.

"Explorer of the year? No, I--I'm not familiar with the title. Heh, nor have I dreamed about winning it every single day of my adult life. But if you insist on nominating me..." "Something would have to go dreadfully wrong for us not to." A member told him, as the others stood in silence.

The Island of the Keepers:

The Ninja were still stranded, and unsure of what to do next. Zane decided to check the Hydro Bounty's systems again, leaving the others sat around.