A Cold Goodbye...

3rd Person POV:

The Ninja stood in the hangar, gazing at where their friends once stood not that long ago. They still couldn't believe what happened; the adrenaline from the fight stopped them from fully understanding the moment.

Wu eventually got up, and called the commissioner to take Aspheera and her army to Kryptarium, where he would have a word with the snake queen later. The Ninja had nothing more to do other than continue their regular nightly routines, but how could they?

It wouldn't be the same without Zane and Aly. 

It never would be home without them.

The group didn't want to leave the vehicle bay, but they couldn't stay there all night, so they silently made their way back up to the Monastery. 

Once inside, the Ninja went straight to their rooms, with Jay and Nya going together to keep each other company.

The night dragged on and on for a few of the heroes, but a few managed to get to sleep, dreaming of the events of that day. 

One ninja in particular was struggling with these thoughts. 

Cole was having a nightmare of the events, and he couldn't shake the thought that he wished he could have done something.

This went on for a few minutes before Cole woke up in a cold sweat, panting while his mind raced. 

The Ninja just sat there in his bed with his head in his hands as the same moment played over and over again. He began to cry as the scene played again, and again, and again.

"Stop it. Stop it. STOP IT!" He screamed, suddenly punching a hole in the wall in an effort to stop it. 

But...it didn't, and he just sobbed into his hands.

He just wanted to undo everything, so he could of at least had a chance to save her.

But then, a sudden knock at his door caught the Master of Earth off guard.

Cole's head shot up, quickly staring at the door while trying to wipe his eyes. "C-come in." He sighed, trying to look as if he hadn't been crying. 

"Cole? Are you okay?" Jay walked in, with the others behind him. "No." He shakily told them, tears starting to creak their way back into his eyes. Jay noticed the sudden hole in his wall, and walked over to his friend.

"It's okay, Cole. We know." Nya sighed, coming up to his bed as Jay sat beside him. "I-I just keep wishing that...I could have done something." Cole scrunched his face in his hands, trying to hide how he felt.

He missed her.

"We all do Cole." Lloyd added, lowering his head. "It just...doesn't feel real, knowing that they..." Jay's voice cracked, unable to finish his sentence, him too succumbing to the sadness. The group stood around Cole's room, not knowing what to do. 

"They're alive!" Wu blurted out from the doorway, making the Ninja throw their heads to him. "What? Where? How?" They all began to crowd their master, not giving him a chance to speak.

 "Quiet, all of you. Listen." Wu hushed them, ready to explain what he knew.

"I spoke to Aspheera at Kryptarium Prison. She didn't destroy Zane and Aly. She banished them to a distant realm." Wu explained, his face becoming duller. "Well, what are we waiting for? We gotta go after them!" Kai shouted, earning the others support. 

"Yeah, what realm?" Lloyd asked. 

"The Never-Realm." Wu stated, leaving his students confused. 

"The Never-Realm?" Nya questioned him, not knowing this place. "I've...never, heard of it." Cole spoke up, getting out of his bed. "There a few who have." Wu continued, rushing down the hall with his students at his back.