Family reunion...

Aly's POV:

It's been a couple of days, since we held Nya's ceremony, and life...hasn't been the same. Somehow, I expected things to be okay, and we could somewhat live normal lives after she left but...we haven't.

Jay was hit the hardest; he barely left his room, and wouldn't talk to any of us. I wanted so badly to help him, but he refused to see anyone.

Kai was also hit hard; he became angry, to the point where he couldn't control his flames. He was getting dangerous, so Zane and I did what we could to ease him. It worked sometimes, and we were able to talk so he could safely let his emotions out. But other times, it was down to us to control the flames.

The rest of us were hurting, yes, but we knew that Nya would want us to keep going. So we did.

But eventually, her loss got the better of us.

We couldn't stay in the Monastery much longer, and when we went to tell Master Wu, he understood and agreed. We were barely talking, and never left the building. So it was for the best.

So, we packed our things, and left.

Jay went to his adoptive parents' Junkyard, Cole went to his dad's place, Kai went to his parents Smithy, Lloyd went to live his own life, and Zane and I went to my adoptive parents house.

When I initially asked them if we could stay with them, they were thrilled, but there was something about their reaction that said otherwise.

But aside from that, Zane and I packed our things, and headed for the hanger bay in silence.

When we arrived, we walked over to the Shuricopter to load our bags. "Will your parents be okay if we arrive in the Shuricopter? It is quite big." Zane noted as he closed the luggage compartment. "They won't mind. We can park it in the field nearby." I told him as I climbed into the cockpit. "Alright then. I just wanted to be sure." Zane responded while he too climbed in.

We buckled up, started up the engine, and Zane flew us out of the hanger. We didn't speak much after we left; we just watched the clouds that passed us by, and the endless land below us rush past.

When we arrived, we parked the Shuricopter in a neighbouring field and grabbed our bags. It didn't take long to reach the house, and when we did, nothing had changed. The front garden was still nicely kept, and the vines along the house itself were still tall and overgrown.

I knocked on the door, and I was greeted with my dad. "Aly! I'm so glad you made it!" He gave me a very tight hug, and I managed to squeeze out of it. "It really has. Do you mind if we put our things away?"

I asked, and my mom came over. "Of course. You know where your room is."

I smiled and looked back to Zane, noticing he looked somewhat tense. "Hey, it's okay. Come on." I took his hand and led him inside, and down the hall to my room.

As my parents had suggested, it was all still the same; clothes in the corner, books on my desk and various small gadgets I was making before I left.

"Did you make these?" Zane asked as he picked one up. "Yeah, I did. It was years ago though, and I've improved a lot." I told him as I unpacked my bag. "You definitely have." He responded as he too sorted out his bag.

After we unpacked, Zane and I lounged around my room until dinner was ready, and Zane was clearly worried. "Aly, I do not need to eat. Would it be better if I stayed?" He asked. I understood where he was coming from, but before I could say anything my dad came in.

"Come on." He quickly hurried off, and I looked to Zane once more, who seemed a little more confident.

We left my room and sat at the dinner table, and it was awkwardly quiet.