A New Beginning...

Aly's POV:

The rest of the day was full of partying and celebration. We had saved the sixteen realm after all.

We were all sat in the Livingroom, playing games and watching movies. Jay and Nya had snuggled together in the couch, with Kai keeping a close eye on them. We all knew how protective he was of his sister, but he would have to get used to it since the two love-birds were engaged now.

Cole was slumped over in his chair, slowly falling asleep. Lloyd was sat up straight with his eyes glued to the TV, really invested in the movie. I was sat on the beanbag, enjoying the evening. But I had noticed that Zane wasn't there again.

I'll admit, I was curious as to where he was, but I tried not to worry too much, and just sank into the beanbag.

Once the film ended, Cole, Jay and Nya had all fallen asleep, leaving the rest of us awake. "We should probably head in." Kai yawned, standing up and grabbing the dirty dishes on the coffee table. "Yeah, it is pretty late." Lloyd added, looking up at the clock.

"Well, goodnight, guys. Thank you for...everything." I smiled to them, standing up and waiting in the doorway. The two boys came up to me, and hugged me. "Goodnight, Aly." They responded, soon walking to the kitchen to clean up.

I walked through the empty monastery halls to my room, with the calm wind masking the silence. I entered my room, but remembered the gift I had to finish.

So I turned on my lamp, took out the falcon pendant, and continued to work on it. I had almost finished the gift when something flew in front of me. I backed up slightly, and it looked to be a butterfly.

It was light blue, and almost clear. As if it were made from ice. "Hi." I smiled at it, and it dropped a note onto my desk. The creature landed beside the pendant, almost gesturing to the letter. Curious, I picked it up. Whoever had wrote it, had immaculately neat handwriting.

Dear, Aly,

I humbly request your presence down by the pond

Take all the time you need

I'll be waiting for you...

No one had signed it, but I figured who it was from the clues. The mention of the pond, and the butterfly. The creature started flying again, and landed on my nose. But when it did, it started to glow, almost reacting to my elemental powers.

"So it was from you." I muttered, moving the butterfly onto my hand. It started flying again, and flew out towards my window, almost waiting for me to follow it.

I sighed and smiled, looking down at the gift. If I was correct about the note, then I would need to finish the gift ASAP. So I dug out a nice chain necklace, and attached it to the falcon's tail. I placed it in a box, and set it aside.

I looked down at myself, and noted that I should probably change. I quickly dug out a short sleeved shirt and some shorts. I put on some trainers, and sorted out my hair before grabbing the gift, and walking out.

I made sure no one was around before walking out of the Monastery, and to the gate. When I did reach the gate, I stopped. I wondered if it was actually Zane asking for me, but the butterfly came around again, slowly flying down the steps.

I smiled, and followed the small creature.

It lead me towards the small forest, but the path there was littered with small icy lanterns, which glowed brighter once I walked past.

It was beautiful.

When I came up to the pond, it was so much more prettier than the last time I was there. Icy lanterns were hanging from almost every tree, and small fairy lights were hanging above the pond, which had been frozen over.