Roots...

3rd Person POV:

The Crystal Temple:

The Overlord struck the central crystal with his powers, gradually moving the flying temple towards the Ninja. Garmadon leapt into the air, and shot a blast of his Oni powers, making the Overlord back away from the Crystal.

"Stop him! Don't let him reach the crystal!" Lloyd shouted towards his father, making him nod and use as much of his power as possible on the dark lord. The Overlord was pushed back, and tried to retaliate, but he was struggling to get past Garmadon's power.

Harumi had climbed up one of the structures, and jumped towards the being with her sword out. But he predicted her move, and easily threw her aside. Lloyd attempted to use Spinjitzu to distract the Overlord long enough that his father could deal with him, but he too was thrown aside.

The anger inside Garmadon only grew, and he continued to hit the Overlord with everything he had: hit after hit and blast after blast.

The Overlord managed to find an opening, and struck Garmadon with a stream of his power, launching him into a large crystal. The Oni fell to the floor, just as the crystal started to topple over him.

"FATHER!" Lloyd cried out, seeing his dad in danger. The boy shot up, and dove towards Garmadon, moving him out the way before he could be crushed.

Lloyd looked down at his father, worried after seeing how bad he was. "You're hurt." Garmadon coughed before looking up at his son. "I-I can't..." "It's okay. Don't try to talk." Lloyd told him, trying to comfort him as he turned back into his original form. "I...I'm sorry Lloyd." Garmadon spoke, just as the Overlord started using his powers on the Crystal again, making the temple move once more.

Lloyd turned back to Garmadon, trying to think of anything he could do to help. "Hold on. You'll be okay." He told him, wearing a hopeful smile. "I'll get you out of here."

"Save...Save yourself." Garmadon coughed, feeling himself slipping away. "It's too late for me." He sighed, looking up at Lloyd to give him one last smile.

The Oni closed his eyes, and fell limp in his son's arms. "No." Lloyd faintly gasped as tears fell from his eyes. "No..." He hunched over Garmadon, and began to cry.

His father was gone. Sure he wasn't the best man, and he'd messed up countless times, but he was still Lloyd's dad, and just as things were starting to get better between them...it was ripped away.

Lloyd sat up as tears fell from his cheeks. "Grieve not." The Overlord spoke up, looking over at the boy. "You will soon be joining him." Lloyd's eyebrows furrowed while the anger inside him grew, and his eyes became purple and shone.

He didn't think, he just let his emotions take over.

Lloyd's body was encased in purple energy as horns grew from the top of his head. He roared out in pain as two sets of arms grew from his sides. The Green Ninja turned around, revealing his Oni-like face.

He'd achieved Oni Form, and stood ahead of the Overlord, filled with anger and hatred.

Lloyd clenched his fists, feeling his new power before launching it at The Overlord. It caught him off guard, and he was launched back into his throne just as Lloyd hit him again. He stomped towards him, still using his powers when something drew his eye.

Lloyd turned away, noticing his reflection in a nearby crystal. He gasped, realising his greatest fear had come true. He was just like his father; destructive and full of anger.

"NO!" He cried out, grasping his head as he desperately tried to change back. His body became encased in purple energy again as he fell, and his body steadily returned.