Corruption...

Small note:

If the scroll is damaged in any way, its negative power on the user increases.

3rd Person POV:

"Look out..."

Zane pushed Master Wu away from the oncoming attack, offering himself instead.

"NO!"

Aly ran without thinking, grabbing the scroll and turning to face her Nindroid while tears crept their way to her eyes.

She was hit straight in the back from the attack.

The girl kept her grip on the scroll as the two Masters of Ice disintegrated into nothing...

Aly opened her eyes to find herself falling inside a blue vortex, unsure what was happening. She desperately removed her hood, in hopes of finding her Nindroid, but she spotted him, still wielding the scroll. He was much further down than her, which made her worry.

A bright light began to shine through the end of the vortex as they broke free in foreign land. Aly couldn't quite see where she was because she forcefully hit several rocks along a steep mountain, suddenly landing on top of a large frozen river.

Zane suffered a similar fate, being knocked offline with the scroll mere inches away from his hand.

Thankfully, his systems jumpstarted again, waking him up. Zane quickly got up, his joints and chest began exerting sparks from the fall, but he easily fixed them on his own. He looked up and around, analysing the area.

It was all covered in snow.

"Hello? Is anyone there?" He called out, hoping to find help. He climbed on top of the mech, and let his eyes wonder for a few minutes.

But then he felt something coming from the river bellow.

Zane increased his vision, gasping at who he saw.

The Nindroid quickly rushed over to the girl, turning her so he could see her face, double checking it was actually who he thought it was.

"Y-Aly?" He lightly shook her, trying to wake her up. She suddenly opened her eyes, finding her boyfriend at her side, very confused and concerned. "Zane!" She gasped, jumping up to hug him while his mind raced. "You're okay."

"Why did you..." Zane started, pulling away. "Why did I what?" Aly responded, clutching her still sore side. "You were not supposed to do that, or at least, I think." Zane was unsure what to say as he revisited his visions in search of an answer. "Do what? Protect you?" Aly asked, questioning if that was what he was talking about.

"Yes, wait no. You were not supposed to protect me nor come here." Zane told her, still fumbling over his words. "You were about to sacrifice yourself. Why wouldn't I try to protect you?" Aly replied, narrowing her eyes trying to understand him.

"I understand that but...It was not supposed to happen, like this." Zane sighed, standing back up. "What do you mean?" The girl asked, standing up off the ice.

"Do you remember when I had that vision?" He asked her, earning a slow nod. "Everything that I saw happen, happened. Except you stopping the attack. I was hit, not you."

Aly suddenly realised her mistake, but something else came up in her mind. "Wait so, you were going to take that attack for Wu? But...For all we know, it could have killed you."

"But it did not kill me." Zane told her, looking down at himself to find him mostly intact. "We didn't know that. You could have died, Zane." She shot back. "But you've done that before. Haven't you?" She took a step back, remembering what the others had told them of their previous adventures.