The Worst Rescue Ever...

Aly's POV:

When the morning eventually came, we all got ready for the day and had a very refreshing breakfast. 

But something was off...

Cole wasn't there.

We were all curious as to why he wasn't there, and assumed it was because of last night that he stayed in. That and he's a very heavy sleeper, so those were the two options. 

But we also knew not that wake him, since you would be in a sorry state if you did.

So for that reason, we let him sleep until he eventually woke up.

Once we finished breakfast, Lloyd suggested we walk around the palace and relax. But Zane and I had already made plans to spend some time together. The others understood, and left for the palace gardens.

The two of us left the palace, and made our way to one of the spots we'd noted on our tour of the city. 

It was a calm place on the edge of the mountain, which overlooked a beautiful view of the clouds bellow, which would occasionally part and give the view of the land.

It didn't take us long to arrive, and once we did, we took a seat on the small bench overlooking the view.

"This really is beautiful." I sighed in awe. "I have seen greater things." Zane spoke up, looking down at me with a smile. It took me a moment to realise what he meant, and my face became hot. 

But I let it happen, and leaned on his shoulder, holding his cold hand.

"I am worried about Cole, however." He admitted, his smile dulling. "Yeah, I am too." I added, moving off of him. "I know we said he was dreaming, but what if he wasn't." I suggested. 

"We know little about this kingdom. It could possible the creature he saw was real." Zane added. "Perhaps we should have woken him this morning."

We sat there for a bit, before deciding what to do. "Maybe we should go get him." I stood up, Zane soon doing the same. "Yes." He agreed as we started to walk back to our rooms. 

But that's when my phone started buzzing. "Who is that?" Zane curiously asked while I took out my phone and read the name. "Lloyd?" I wondered, accepting the call.

"Hello?"

"Aly! We need you and Zane to get to the Throne Room. Now."

He sounded like he was running.

"Wait what?"

"We don't know much, but it's about Cole. He's in trouble."

"What?...O-okay. We'll be right there."

I reassured Lloyd, and hung up. "What is wrong?" Zane asked. "It's about Cole. He's in trouble." I told him, watching Zane's face become more worried. "We need to get to them."

Zane and I quickly hurried back along the mountain and into the city.

It didn't take us long to catch up with the others. "There you are." Lloyd sighed, relieved. But I noticed someone in the group, who looked a little scruffy. 

"Princess?" 

Vania was there, but her robes were torn and she had twigs in her golden bun. "The quicker we get to my father, the better chance we have of saving Cole." She told us, which made us worry more.

Once we arrived at the throne room, the King was surprised by our sudden visit. Vania explained that they had discovered a mass amount of mines and dungeons bellow the city, deep in the mountain.