Escape from Merlopia...

Aly's POV:

"We've gotta get out of here!" Lloyd called out as the sharks continued to ram themselves into the ice, gradually breaking it. "This isn't gonna hold!" Nya nervously added. I looked back to the door to find Jay and Maya still trying to open it. "There's no handle! How do we open this thing?" Jay wondered.

"Look for some kind of switch or pressure plate!" Lloyd told them, making them look for one. "Ugh, there's nothing!" Maya called out, quickly looking startled. "LLOYD, LOOK OUT!"

Our heads shot towards him just as a shark broke through the ice, aiming for Lloyd. I quickly swam over to him, grabbing his arm and pulling him back while Nya rushed ahead, using her powers to push the shark back. "Thank you." Lloyd gasped, looking back as Nya protected us. "No problem." I responded.

We all backed ourselves against the door while Nya began to struggle with keeping the sharks at bay.

Suddenly, the door behind us opened, sucking us out and into the hall. As soon as the door closed again, the water around us drifted away and left us gasping for air on the floor.

"Are you okay?"

We all quickly looked up to see a Merlopian, but not like the others. He looked much younger, and much like a shark. "Who are you?" I asked while taking off my mask. "Benthomaar, the King's son. His... adopted son." The boy corrected himself, but Lloyd quickly stood up and approached him.

"We didn't attack the King!" Lloyd told him. "I know." Benthomaar quickly responded. "It was Kalmaar." "Is the King..." Nya spoke up, making Benthomaar flinch. "He's... he's..." He didn't have the words, and instead sadly shook his head.

"I'm sorry." Nya sighed, just as the sharks began to bang on the door behind us. "We don't have long." Benthomaar spoke up, looking determined. "Follow me! I have to get you out of here." He turned to the hall, making us all question whether to follow him or not.

But Lloyd made the first move, and rushed after him with the rest of us soon following.

He led us through the halls of the palace, making sure we weren't seen by guards. He stopped us in a hall, seemingly hearing something. Benthomaar quickly pointed to a pillar, and hid us behind it as several guards rushed past.

Once the coast was clear, he led us down another hall. "Where are you taking us?" Jay asked, whispering. "The hangar bay. Your vessel was taken there." Benthomaar told us as we approached a corner.

We spotted several guards standing in front of a door, and I assumed that's where the Hydro Bounty was. "Wait here. I'll get them to leave." Benthomaar instructed us, walking up to the guards.

"Are we sure we can trust this guy?" Jay wondered, sceptical about the prince. "No, but he didn't have to help us." Nya sighed, just as Benthomaar managed to get the guards to leave. He signalled for us to come over, and we ran towards him.

"What did you tell them?" Zane asked. "I told them that Kalmaar sent for them." Benthomaar responded, opening the door. "By the time he finds out I lied, we'll be long gone. Follow me." The Prince rushed ahead, opening a second door.

Just ahead of us was the Hydro Bounty, as well as trouble. The hanger was filled with guards, all noticing us. None of us knew what to do when Benthomaar spoke up. "Oh. Hello. Um, these are my friends, from out of town!" He lied. The guards seemed suspicious, and armed themselves.

"Don't worry, I got this." Jay whispered, turning to the guards and walking towards them. This isn't going to end well. "Haha, we're visiting from another underwater city! Heh, not the surface. It's called, um, uh, Bubbletubblepopolis! Yeah! You know, it's pretty far away, you probably haven't heard of it." Jay trailed off, struggling to keep up. But he turned to us with a smile. "I think they bought it." He whispered, making us shake our heads.