The Storm Amulet...

Aly's POV:

While we travelled to the Island, Benthomaar told us about his past.

He told us how he was adopted by the king, and was always rejected by Kalmaar for a reason he couldn't understand. But later, he manipulated him into helping him find the Temple of Wojira.

"...I understood then -- for the first time, I think -- that Kalmaar would never love me. My father was the only one who cared about me, and -- and now he's gone. And -- and I'm alone." Benthomaar sadly spoke, but that wasn't true. "No, Bentho. We might not be family, but I promise you, you're not alone." Nya told him.

"Yeah, Bentho. We're here!" Jay added, giving him a smile. "We all may look different, but we are family." I added. "Yeah. And we'd be honoured to call you family." Lloyd told him, making Benthomaar smile to himself. "Now let's get to that island and make sure we get the amulet before Kalmaar does." Nya announced, just as Zane took the wheel again.

Later:

I was busy doing chores when we were informed we were approaching The Island. I walked to the kitchen, and found the others chatting at the table. "Okay, so, let me get this straight. Kalmaar needs two amulets to awaken this huge serpent Wojira, and he's got one of them already?" Jay asked.

"Correct." Bentho confirmed. "The Wave Amulet." "And the second is the Storm Amulet that we found on the Island of the Keepers?" Jay asked again. "Yes. Which means we better get there first and make sure he doesn't get his hands on it." Lloyd added.

"Or he could awaken Wojira, and destroy our world." I sighed. "I fail to see how the amulets will awaken Wojira. How are they linked?" Zane wondered, and Nya seemed to know. "It's really weird. But we saw it. Wojira is a huge snake, and she has these two holes on her head. And the amulets fit inside." She explained. "Inside her head? Gross!" Jay shuddered.

"And they were zapping her with electricity. That's what was making Nya's powers go haywire-" Maya interrupted when the ship jolted, making the alarms go off. "Get to the bridge!" Lloyd ordered us, and we all rushed upstairs.

"Morro, what was that?" I asked as he left his seat, letting me take his place. "It's the storm outside. It's getting pretty bad out there." He explained while Zane took the second seat.

"Everyone, secure yourselves. I will attempt to dive to a safer depth to avoid the storm, but we are likely to experience some turbulence." Zane announced, making us all buckle up.

We drove deep bellow the waves, but that didn't stop rocks from breaking and hitting the Bounty. I heard something flying around behind us, and I could only assume Jay hadn't buckled his seatbelt again. "Obstacle ahead. Bear left, two degrees." Zane called out, making the turn.

We hit more rocks, and I heard Jay slam against something and hit the floor. We all turned behind us and spotted Jay lying on the floor behind his chair. "Oh come on!" He huffed. "Jay, your chair does have a seat belt, you know." Nya told him as he stood back up. "Ugh, are we there yet?" He asked. "Affirmative." Zane responded as the sub broke through the water, and we had a clear view of the island.

"Morro-" I was about to say something when he interrupted me. "I know, stay in the sub and keep watch." He sighed, taking a seat. "Sorry you can't come along. The Island is very dangerous." I told him, and he seemed to understand.

The rest of us left the control room and prepared ourselves, but I wasn't feeling too great, considering what happened last time we were here. "Are you alright?" Zane asked, coming up from behind me. "Uh...yeah." I sighed, but he could tell I wasn't.