Fire Maker...

Lloyd's POV:

After we talked with Sorla, the people of Great Lake gave us shelter and some clean clothes. It was nice what they were doing for us, but we needed to save Zane and Aly as quickly as possible. So the others and I agreed that they would help around the village while I talked with Sorla, to know how we would get them back.

"Uh, Sorla?" I opened her door to find her still sat by the fire. "Yes, yes come in." She quickly welcomed me in before walking over to a small table in the corner.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" She asked me, holding a scroll. "Yes. Now how can we get them back?" I asked as Sorla unrolled the scroll to reveal a small map.

"Your friends, Aly and Zane, are imprisoned here, in the Ice Emperor's Castle." She told me, pointing to a large structure on one end of the map. "There are only two paths through the mountains. This is the safest." She pointed to a small pass between the mountains.

"A pass?" I questioned her, since this seemed too easy. There had to be a catch. "In the old tongue, it is called: Mala-Wojira." She explained. "Mala-Wojira?" I wondered, finding the name odd.

"Wojira's Wrath. But you must be careful. You cannot make a sound in this place. You cannot speak or whisper. Even your footfalls must be like a gentle breeze." Sorla warned, but why.

 "Why?" I asked her. "If you make a sound Wojira with strike you down." She continued. "Okay, but what is it?" I asked again, not knowing what or who this Wojira was.

Sorla took a deep breath and exhaled quickly, making a swooping motion with her arms. "Okay. Great, well, I guess we'll just be quiet." I told her, wrapping up the scroll and tucking it into my belt.

I was about to leave, when I remembered something. "Uh, Sorla? You mentioned the Ice Empress earlier. Could you tell us, the story you spoke of?" I asked, wanting to know more about the Empress.

Sorla sighed and took a seat beside the fire. "Many decades ago, a force disrupted our lands. None of the tribes knew what it was until all of our fires went out." She started explaining. 

"News quickly spread that the Emperor was overthrown by someone calling himself; The Ice Emperor. We didn't know of the Empress until she came to our villages." Sorla sighed, throwing some wood into the fire.

"She was the kindest woman the realm had ever seen. But something happened in a village not far from here. The Empress attacked and destroyed it and it's people, with the help of her Emperor and Vex." 

Sorla's face turned cold and angry. "We trusted her. She only grew close to us so she could strike us all down. That is why we must leave this place soon; to escape from her cold wrath."

After hearing that, I became more worried for Zane and Aly. We had to get them back before anything could happen to them. "Thank you Sorla." I sighed, turning to the door and walking out.

I quickly found the others sat by the lake, putting on some snow shoes while Nya was still fumbling with the tracker. "Any luck?" I asked her, watching the device scan for a signal. "Nothing. It's really weird. The signal keeps coming in and out." Nya told me, trying to find the signal again.

"Huh. Maybe the cold is interfering?" I wondered, but she brushed it off. "Cold shouldn't matter. It's like the signal is weak. But the mech had a brand new battery. It makes no sense."

I let out a sigh, and looked to the others to find Kai running in the snow. "Hey, guys. Have you tried these? You gotta try them. You can walk on top of the snow." He exclaimed, like it was a whole new invention. "I think that's the point." Cole corrected him. "What will they think of next?" Jay exclaimed, jumping to Cole's shoulder.