The Call of the Deep...

3rd Person POV:

After Maya and Ray had arrived at the Monastery, they got settled in and talked with the Ninja. Aly got to know them a little more, which allowed her to become friends with them.

But by the time the morning came, the former master of Water was determined to help her daughter with her elemental powers.

Maya walked down the hall to Nya's room, who was still asleep by the time she opened the door. "Rise and shine, sleepyhead! It's 6 A.M.! Early ninja gets the worm!" Maya gasped at the state of Nya's room; there were boxes, empty cans and weapons sprawled all over the place.

"Oh, my! Would you look at this mess. Dear, dear, dear. Okay, let's tidy this place up." Maya started to clean up the room, waking up Nya in the process. But she was much against that, and tried to go back to sleep which the chicken at her feet.

"A messy room makes for a messy ninja, Nya, and we are not messy ninjas. Spears belong in their racks, Shurikens and throwing stars belong in the shuriken and throwing star bin –" Maya continued, but Nya wasn't happy. "Make it stop." She whined, pulling her pillow over her face.

"Bladed weapons don't just get stabbed into a wall, they actually have a place! And chickens do not belong indoors!" Maya plucked a katana from the wall and placed it in a crate with the others, but she soon noticed the chicken lying on the end of her daughters bed, and took it outside.

Once she returned, the room was pretty much spotless. "Now this place is starting to look like something." Maya smiled to herself, but Nya was still fast asleep. "Are you still lying there? Come on, up, up, up, sleepyhead." Nya was forcefully dragged out of bed, not pleased to be awake at this time. "I find the best way to start the day and chase away those sleepies is with a few jumping jacks! Ready set go! One-and-two-and-one-and-two-and–"

Nya ignored her mother's attempts at waking her up, and instead she flopped back onto her bed. "Am I having a nightmare, or is this really happening?" She sighed, half-asleep while her mother continued to do jumping jacks in her doorway. "Fine." She huffed. "Just, give me five minutes to get ready."

"Of course dear, just be ready by then." Maya smiled and left Nya to get ready, but she really wasn't feeling it.

Mya walked down to the kitchen, and began to make breakfast just as Jay and Aly walked in. "Morning, Maya." Jay groggily spoke, sitting at the table while Aly went to get some breakfast. "Good morning, dears." Maya responded as she began to make breakfast. "Uh, what's that?" Aly asked, noticing Nya was cooking up something green.

"Seaweed and tofu pancakes." Maya told them, which caught the two Ninja off guard. "Tofu?" Jay asked. "Yes. Haven't you tried it before?" Maya asked, and the two shook their heads.

"Well then, I suppose it's time you did." The woman took out two plates and dished up some tofu pancakes and seaweed. "Enjoy." Maya smiled at them, turning to the stove to make more. Aly looked at the food, unsure. But she caved in. "I guess there's a first time for everything." She took a bite, and it was better than she'd expected.

"Jay, you gotta try it." She told him, and he did. Jay's face lit up, and he quickly finished his plate. "Maya that was amazing, thank you." He smiled, making the woman laugh. "No problem, dear."

The two Ninja left the room, heading for the game room when they passed Nya. "Good morning, Nya." Aly spoke, but the Master of Water glumly walked passed and into the kitchen. "You made breakfast?" She asked, noticing her mother plating up food.

"Of course I made breakfast! It's the most important meal of the day! If we're going to get you back in shape and fix your life, you're gonna need your strength." Maya explained. "My life does not need fixing, Mother." Nya huffed.