Hounddog McBrag

Aly's POV:

The Next day:

We were woken up by the sound of a loud whistle, and a guard calling for us. "Rise and shine! Roll out for work detail!" We all got up, and left our cell to stretch out. "Ugh. Work detail?" Jay questioned as he cracked his back. "I didn't know you had to work in jail." Kai yawned. "Yeah, me neither." I added as Zane walked over. "It is common for prisoners to given labour, as both a means of exercise and of promoting a responsible work ethic."

"Oh. Beats staying here all day." Cole admitted, which was true. We were finding fewer things to do every day, so this was something to keep us busy. "And it's a chance to show we don't mean any trouble. So no powers, okay?" Lloyd instructed us, and we all nodded as a guard started directing us outside.

We were taken just outside Kryptarium where a bus was waiting for us. The six of us boarded, and sat at the back, buckling our seatbelts. "Twelve aboard! Lock 'n' load!" A guard called out, making the bus door close.

We were almost ready to leave when someone jumped from in front of Jay, startling him. "Well, well. If it isn't my arch-nemesis, Jay! The ninja of lightning!" It was a young-sounding man with a bird-like helmet and wings. He looked familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on him. "Sorry, have we met?" Jay asked him.

"Oh, you probably don't recognize me in my prison clothes." The man admitted before striking a pose with his arms out. "It is I, Fugi-Dove!" Jay turned to me, confused before looking back at the man. He made a cooing noise, making everyone stare at him. "My cry fills the night?"

"Zip it and stow down!" An officer walked onto the bus, and started addressing us. "Once a month we pick up trash along Route 22. Those who work hard, get a few hours in the sun and a nice, cold lemonade." He told us, and Cole hummed at the thought. "Mm, lemonade."

"Those who make trouble, get nothin'. Do I make myself clear?" The Officer sternly asked, and we all nodded. "Perfectly clear." I sighed. "Yep." Jay added. "Alrighty then, let's get this show on the road. Roll out!" The officer closed the door to our section of the bus as it started to pull out of Kryptarium.

On the way to route 22, Fugi-Dove turned around to Jay again. He tried to ignore him, but the man was being persistent. "Hey, Jay." I gently shook him, and he looked at me with a deadpan expression. "Your friend is trying to talk to you." I smiled, gesturing to Fugi-Dove. "We are not friends, your Icy Highness. Yes I know of your crimes, and for that, you have my respect." Fugi-Dove bowed to me, and I rolled my eyes. "Jee, thanks."

Jay sighed, and addressed Fugi-Dove. "Yes?" "What happened to you, Jay?" He asked. "What do you mean?" "Why have you turned to a life of crime? And what does this mean for our long-standing rivalry? And how can we be enemies if we're both criminals? You're messing everything up!" Fugi-dove huffed, clearly unhappy while flapping his wing in Jay's face.

"First, I'm not turning to a life of crime! Second, there is no rivalry, and third, you're weird. Stop talking to me." Jay backed away from the man, but he only leaned closer. "Awww, you two are adorable." I joked, earning a disgusted look from Jay.

But then, the bus stopped, and the officers walked out. "What's going on?" Kai wondered as the six of us left our seats. "We have stopped." Zane told us, once again stating the obvious. "We know that, Zane. But what's going on out there?" I corrected him, and he looked intently outside.

"It appears that that old man's vehicle has broken down." Zane informed us, which seemed to be the case. "Huh. That old guy reminds me of someone." Cole admitted, and Jay seemed to agree. The man was wearing a brown jacket with a thick grey beard "Yeah, me too." "You're avoiding the subject, Jay!" Fugi-Dove butted in again, making Jay let out an exasperated sigh. "What subject?!" "How to repair our relationship in the wake of you becoming a criminal!"