The Caves of Shintaro...

Aly's POV:

Cole and I had been walking for a while now, but to be perfectly honest, we had no idea how long.

I tried to talk with him a few times, but he never said a word other than hums and nods. I was getting worried about him. He had been off ever since he told us about the Geckle in his room. Maybe the thought of his mother's necklace being far from his reach was bothering him?

No, it couldn't be.

He had been talking with the others just fine. But whenever I tried to talk with him around the others, he was dismissive and seemingly uninterested. I began to wonder if I had done something to make him feel this way, but I couldn't think of anything.

I kept trying to think of anything, but I noticed he had been acting off around Zane too.

Did we do something?

I again, tried to think, but I couldn't find a thing.

I looked up at the boy ahead of me. His head was pointed down with one hand in his pocket, and the other holding the spear.

I had to do something, even if he tried avoiding me.

"Hey, Cole?" I spoke up, but he hummed as a response. "Are you okay?"

He stayed quiet.

"Cole, did I do something? If I did, please tell me. If we're stuck looking for the others, then I need to know what's wrong." I sighed, placing a hand on his arm.

"I know..." He sighed. "...But I can't. You wouldn't like it." He gently moved his arm away and walked ahead. "Cole, wait." I walked back up beside him.

"Tell me, please. Whatever it is, I won't judge you, or think any less of you. You're one of my closest friends, and I would never do that to you." I told him, making him smile sadly. "It's okay. Let's just keep going." Cole dismissed me again, and walked ahead.

I was even more worried now.

If Cole said that I won't like it, then what was it?

I had to know, or else we would be stuck like this until we found the others.

"Cole, please. You know I won't let it go until you tell me." I spoke up, walking over again.

Cole sighed again, not giving me a response but looking slightly annoyed.

"I understand that you say I won't like it, but I don't care. If you tell me, I can help you." I told him, making him stop.

"You can't." He said in a stern voice.

"What do you mean, I can't?" I wondered. "Whatever it is, I'll try my best. You know I will."

"Aly, just leave it, please." Cole demanded, trying to walk ahead again.

I quickly put my foot to the ground, blocking off the passage with a wall of ice.

"I won't. Not until you tell me." I walked up to him, standing a few feet away.

"Aly, please. We don't have time for this. You said it yourself that we needed to keep moving so the Skull Sorcerer wouldn't find us." Cole shot back.

"We're far enough that he won't come for us." I sternly reassured him, but he furrowed his eyebrows.

"Aly, just let it go!" He snapped.

"No!" I shot back. "I want you to tell me, right here, right now what's been bothering you!"

Cole huffed and pushed right past me, walking towards a side tunnel.

"Cole, tell me!" I shouted.

"Leave it!" He yelled.