The Upply Strike Back...

Recap:
The Ascent:

Cole, Vania, Wu and the Upply managed to use the stone mech to travel back through the mines and up to the surface. They ran into the lava monster again, as well as a swarm of dire bats, but they were easily defeated, and the team made it to the surface.

They went to confront the King when Hailmar stopped them. Vania's dragon, Chompy, grew and helped Cole and the Upply escape to the mountains again in order to save the others.

Vania and Wu stayed behind to confront Hailmar, and tell him the truth about Vangelis' lies.

The Mines:

Aly's POV:

The Skull Sorcerer took us back to the mines, but not to work. He ordered us locked up above the ground in a thick, Vengestone cage. We couldn't do much accept sit and watch the Munce and Geckles we tried to save be put to slavery again.

I had tried to use my remaining dagger to saw off the bars, and it didn't work. What a surprise. I also tried to pick-lock the cage door with it, but it didn't work either. So I ended up holding onto my dagger, just in case we'd need it.

We were left with no options, but Nya tried her hand at opening the gate. She kicked it, pulled it, even tried her elemental powers, but nothing worked.

"Save your strength, Sis. It's Vengestone." Kai told her, making her sigh. "The Munce had faith in me, and now look at them. Right back where they were. In chains." Nya spoke, pushing away from the door and slumping down next to her brother. "I can't believe we were gullible enough to trust the Skull Sorcerer."

"Yep. I'm probably going down as the worst Chancellor in Geckle history." Kai sighed, leaning against the cage.

"Damn, if I had anymore rocks I would have agreed with you." I told him, smiling, but Kai just stared blankly at me. "Agreed." Zane smiled at me, but it soon faded. "But I do not see that we had any choice." "Zane's right. If we hadn't surrendered, the Skull Sorcerer would have killed all of them." Jay added, clearly upset by what happened.

"At least they're still alive." Lloyd admitted. "There's still hope." He was about to continue when someone started clapping, and our heads shot to the side of our cage. "That's the spirit but, unfortunately, there is no hope." The Skull Sorcerer chuckled, flying towards our cage, toying with us.

"I have decided a demonstration is needed to show my true power over this mountain." "What kind of demonstration?" Kai asked, standing up and walking closer to the enemy. "For too long, the Geckles and Munce have resisted my rule. But when they witness your destruction..." "Destruction." The Sorcerer's Skull repeated. "...When all hope is lost..." "Lost." The Skull continued. "...They will submit."

"W-what are you going to do to us?" Jay stuttered, standing up against the cage, fearing what he'd say. "You will perish at the talons of Grief-Bringer." "Grief-Bringer." The Skull spoke again, which was getting old by now. "Okay, that's getting annoying." Nya huffed. "Yeah, I don't know who to look at, you or the skull." Kai added. "I'm looking at the skull, it's not as ugly." Jay smiled, but they all seemed to be forgetting when he was talking about.

"I know we're trying to have a laugh, but he's basically told us he's going to kill us." I spoke up, but they brushed it off. "Aly, we get death threats all the time. It's not like—" Jay was cut off by the Skull Sorcerers sudden shouting. "SILENCE!" His shouting shook our cage, showing us we were in a world of trouble.

"Enjoy your final moments of levity." "They will be your last." They were about to fly off, but Lloyd had more to say. "Aren't you forgetting one thing?" The Skull Sorcerer stopped. "Cole. He's still out there, and if I know Cole, by now, he's found King Vangelis and told him everything. They're probably on their way to stop you right now." Lloyd brought up a good point, but the Skull Sorcerer had a different reaction.