Ninjago City Vs Ninja...

Aly's POV:

After we were arrested, we were taken to the courtrooms in Ninjago city. We were given prison uniforms to wear during our trial. They weren't comfortable, but I didn't expect them to be luxurious so I dealt with it. We all did.

It wasn't long before we were called to the courtroom, and we awaited our trail. When our lawyer walked in, I knew we were dead. It was Dareth. There was no way he would be able to help us out of this, and I was right.

We sat in that courtroom for about six minutes before we were convicted for multiple felonies, and we knew it was over for us.

"That was the fastest trial I ever saw in my life. How did they convict us so quickly?" Cole wondered, holding his head in his hands. "I blame Dareth." Kai huffed, looking over at him from the other end of the table. "Why me?" He gasped.

"Because you're our lawyer, Dareth!" Kai shot back, slamming his hand onto the table. "I told you guys. I took three weeks of law classes. Three weeks!" Dareth told us before looking embarrassed. "And it was mostly how to get out of traffic tickets."

"Ughhh." I put my head down against the desk, scrunching my hands against my trousers. "This is one of the worst days in my entire life." I tried to calm down, but I really couldn't. But then I felt a cold hand trying to hold mine. I lifted my head from the table to find Zane looking at me again, silent.

I didn't have the strength to deny him, so I loosened my grip and let Zane hold my hand. I won't lie, it was nice to feel it again, but in these circumstances, it didn't help much.

"Maybe the judge will go easy on them." Skylor whispered behind us. "He is nicknamed Toughbutt." Wu responded, peaking Dareth's attention. "I don't think that's a nickname. I think that's his last name." "Nobody's last name is Toughbutt." Kai rolled his eyes at the name before an officer called our attention.

"All rise. The honourable judge William Horace Toughbutt presiding."

I guess that is his last name.

We all stood up as the judge came out from one of the side rooms, and walked to his podium. He sat down, pulled himself closer to his desk before adjusting his mic and clearing his throat.

"Please be seated." He spoke, banging his gavel as we sat down. "See, I told you." Dareth whispered. I instinctively squeezed Zane's hand, not ready for what the Judge would say.

"In all my years as a judge, I have never seen such a callous disregard for public safety as I have in this case." He started before looking towards us. "The ninja put the entire city at risk by freeing the convicted criminal Aspheera, and then helping to arm her with the very weapon she used to attack this city." What he was saying was partially true, but we did it for a good reason. It was if he was just given facts and went from that.

"Do you have anything to say in your defence before I pass judgement?" The Judge asked, making Dareth stand up and stand forward.

"Uh, well, I'm not sure I would put it exactly like that." He sheepishly admitted, clearly not ready for this. "How would you put it exactly?" The Judge offered him a chance, and we all hoped that he wouldn't mess it up.

Dareth stopped for a moment before realising he couldn't change what was said. "Okay, yeah, that's what happened. But what about all the times the ninja helped this city?" Dareth asked, turning to the people in the courtroom. "Like when they fought Garmadon? Or Unagami? Or the Quiet One? We have to take that into account too, don't we?" He walked up to the Judge, hoping he would consider it.

"I have. Which is the only reason I'm not sentencing them to life in prison." He sternly told him, which allowed us to breathe a sigh of relief. But that was extremely short lived.