Chapter 34

(y/n) sat in the chaise lounge with Izuku who was rocking her back and forth as they listened to the album Kiri and the band made about her.

Katsuki had gone to work making a shoot for awareness today. The directors had loved the idea and because it affected him personally because of (y/n) they said it would be a perfect opportunity.

"You just gotta meet the girl next door," the lyrics repeated. "She's sweet on the eyes and sweet on the soul, with her fiery attitude and heart of gold. You just gotta meet that girl next door."

"It's so silly that they made all these songs about me," she paused and looked out the window lifting her head off of Izuku's arm and onto the back of the chaise lounge. "Well silly isn't the word, it's just unbelievable I guess." she smiled for real for the first time since Shinso broke her heart.

"You changed a lot of our lives here in the apartment complex." Izuku said to his sister. "I mean you always buy that lady two floors down bouquets on Mother's Day, bake cookies with Katsuki for the whole apartment complex, say hello, and goodbye. You don't realize it but you changed people."

"I don't know, why didn't I change Shinso." She mumbled, laying in her back and looking up at the ceiling.

"Because some people are hard to change, but even at that, you helped him." Izuku paused as he looked at his sister. She was stuck in a look of doubt and confusion. "You can't tell me he didn't love you, I mean, I saw the way he looked at you, protected you, even held you."

"But it was All just an act," (y/n) mumbled, eyes dull once again. "He didn't harbor one feeling towards me like I did for him. He toyed with me and dragged me along."

"Give him a chance," Izuku said looking down at her. "Go over there and check on him."

(Y/n) sighed and looked at her brother. She wished he didn't suggest this, but she also knew it was the better thing to do. Be a bigger person, and at least act like it never bothered her.

"Fine," she sat up and paused the CD. "But I'm gonna be in and out." She stood up from the couch and stretched before her feet started to drag to the other apartment over. She was finding backups to say she was here. Her hand reached up getting ready to knock. She never knocked. It was unusual to do this. She could act like this affected her. She needed to show him that she was fine even when she wasn't. She shook her head and turned the knob pushing it open with a smile on her face. But when her eyes carried to Shinso and another body, she felt a twitch in her heart. Like a pain. She didn't realize Jiro was here, and now she felt like she was really used, like she was nothing but a rebound and a possible reason to make Jiro jealous.

"Oh look, honey." Jiro sneered at the girl. "It's that coffee girl."

"Yeah the coffee girl," (y/n) rolled her eyes. "I just came over to see Kirishima and Denki, are they here?"

"Uh, no," Hitoshi's words seemed sad and like he was hoping for something else. His eyes lingered in her form as a frown made his way on his lips.

"Okay, well let them know I came to see them." (Y/n) said getting ready to walk back out.

"Are you Just going to let her waltz in and out whenever she wants?" Jiro asked, disgusted. (Y/n) scoffed and turned around.

"Yeah Indie, are you?" Her words were like a dagger stabbing him in the heart. They were harsh and directed to him.

"Wow," Jiros jaw dropped as she headed the attitude in (y/n)'s voice. "She's gonna speak to you with that attitude. I'm not gonna let that happen."

"What are you gonna do about it, huh." (Y/n) snorted as she got ready to leave. "Your Not, because you step one foot near me and I will have my brother over here in a heartbeat and your ass will be on this ground with cuffs on them. Especially after your ratings started going down." (Y/n) was finally pushed to the end of her metaphorical skiff with this woman. She was annoyed.