Chapter 38

"Oh my gosh, I'm so glad you're back!" Kayama screamed as she jumped over the counter in her really long heals and hugged the (h/c) haired girl tightly. "It felt like eternity without your bright cheery face."

She cried on (y/n)'s shoulder not letting the girl go at all. (Y/n) awkwardly patted midnights back as she laughs slightly at the woman's actions.

"Well I had to come back sometime and stop running away." She sheepishly smiled along with getting crushed on the inside. "I think work will heal my broken soul better than chicken noodle soup."

Kayama froze and lifted her head staring at the girl with even more of a broken stare. She started to sob as she pointed to the back kitchen.

"I just made a big pot," she wailed, making customers stare at the two.

"I'll still eat it," (y/n) tried to calm her down. "It's a saying, not a literal accusation I'm made." She paid Kayama on the back and frowned when the woman still sobbed. "I'm actually hungry, may I have a bowl of the soup you made me."

"Oh my god yes, because I can't eat it all myself." Kayama blabbered as she grabbed two bowls just for (y/n). The girl stared at her boss, shocked that the woman was trying to give her all of this. "Please eat up, I know your hungry."

She sat the bowl on a table and made (y/n) sit down. Ochako watched, worried about what was going on and why Kayama made soup that early in the morning.

"Isn't it too early to eat two bowls of soup, Ms. Midoriya?" Iida said, startling the young woman.

(Y/n) started to wonder when she even heard the doorbell ring.

"Mr. Iida, maybe just a little bit," she took a spoonful of the soup and put it near her lips. She dropped it down a bit before she stared at it concerned about what time Kayama started to cook it. "Okay maybe a lot, but Kayama made it with love just for me and I would assume now herself since she's still crying and eating off the ladle."

(Y/n) watched as the woman sobbed and took a sip of the soup. Ochako was just trying to miss the confrontation of having to eat the soup as well.

"Well then, at least you know it's not good for a morning diet." Iida said as he grabbed his drink from the counter and paid for it. "May I join you?" He asked, holding his cup of coffee in one hand.

She stopped and stared for a second before she quickly got her brain moving again.

"Of course, I don't mind. I live by the more the merrier." She giggled, patting the table. "So, how busy are your days at the station?" She asked, slurping on her soup afterwards.

"Busy at times, but it keeps life more interesting." Iida smiles as he noticed (y/n) practically already sucked one bowl down.

"Do you always catch people, like as soon as a report is in?" (Y/n) asked interested in his line of work.

"Not always it can take some time before we get through a list of suspects." Iida said, lifting his cup up to his lips and taking a sip. "Don't you ask your brother these questions."

(Y/n) snorted, shaking her head.

"We do have conversations sometimes, but by the end of it we're chatting about something entirely different." (Y/n) cracked a smile. "Meaning when it's the two of us, we never take anything serious."

"I see," Iida smiled ever so slightly. "The man who appeared the day of dinner, who was he?"

(Y/n) paused a sad smile covering her face.

"Sorry, you don't have to answer if it's a bad memory." Iida said, trying to change the topic.

"No, Mr. Iida, it's quite alright." (Y/n) smiled and sighed. "He's Kirishima's roommate, new roommate. I thought we had something going but on the mix of things I read the messages he was giving off wrong and just made a mistake. One could say a wolf in sheep's clothing."